Black Square On Samsung TV (UE40H6400)

Ancell

Hi

I was hoping someone here could assist me and let me know what's wrong with my TV.

I noticed the other day this black mark/smudge at the bottom left of my TV screen, it's kind of like a black square and its very distracting on certain programs, for instance watching the football it's always drawing your eye to it.

The TV was purchased brand new from John Lewis just over 6 months ago.

I hope someone can help. I have attached a link of the picture below showing the mark.

bY2MUBq.jpg

It's a group of dim pixels, try magnifying the area and taking another shot. A macro tube on your lens will work.

Hi ya

Thanks for the reply Technician.

I don't have a Macro tube, we don't have the greatest cameras. I'm glad you told me the issue.
However what would my next step be? Is there an easy fix for dimmed pixels or will I now need to contact Samsung.

I could not find much information on dimmed pixels and seems not many people have this issue as I just cant find anything.

Hi ya

Thanks for the reply Technician.

I don't have a Macro tube, we don't have the greatest cameras. I'm glad you told me the issue.
However what would my next step be? Is there an easy fix for dimmed pixels or will I now need to contact Samsung.

I could not find much information on dimmed pixels and seems not many people have this issue as I just cant find anything.
If its that new, go to the place you bought it so it won't void the warranty.

Box it back up (if it's still under warranty) and return it to the store it came from for a replacement or refund. It will need to be in the original packaging and have all included items (remote, batteries, etc.)

Looking closer, it could also be a bit of trash caught in between the LED and the LCD panel causing a shadow, either way, take it back, and try not to let it lay down, keep it standing in transit if at all possible, if it lays down the thing could shift and not be there when you get to the store...or you could try to unplug the set, and carefully lift it and with a person on each end rotate it back and forth to try to dislodge the object, of course even if it works, it will still be floating around in there somewhere waiting to reappear when it moved again possibly.

I agree, as I said, it might work. Not knowing what it is, if it is conductive or not and where it ends up, and if it moves around again if you move to another residence...it could possibly cause a short circuit or might be harmless like a piece of sealant. Not knowing would drive me crazy, I'd have to open it up, but that voids the warranty most likely. I think I'd return it. At least call the store and see what they say.

Thanks for all the replies.

I have now contacted John Lewis who are sending someone out on Tuesday.
They have also told me they will need to take the TV away for repair.

Hopefully I can enjoy my TV again soon. (y)
I will post an update and try to ask what the exact problem was once repaired.

Thanks again.

Back