Black Square On Samsung TV (UE40H6400)

By Ancell ยท 8 replies
Feb 23, 2016
Post New Reply
  1. Hi

    I was hoping someone here could assist me and let me know what's wrong with my TV.

    I noticed the other day this black mark/smudge at the bottom left of my TV screen, it's kind of like a black square and its very distracting on certain programs, for instance watching the football it's always drawing your eye to it.

    The TV was purchased brand new from John Lewis just over 6 months ago.

    I hope someone can help. I have attached a link of the picture below showing the mark.

  2. Technician

    Technician TS Addict Posts: 677   +114

    It's a group of dim pixels, try magnifying the area and taking another shot. A macro tube on your lens will work.
  3. Ancell

    Ancell TS Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 84

    Hi ya

    Thanks for the reply Technician.

    I don't have a Macro tube, we don't have the greatest cameras. I'm glad you told me the issue.
    However what would my next step be? Is there an easy fix for dimmed pixels or will I now need to contact Samsung.

    I could not find much information on dimmed pixels and seems not many people have this issue as I just cant find anything.
  4. learninmypc

    learninmypc TS Evangelist Posts: 7,670   +413

    If its that new, go to the place you bought it so it won't void the warranty.
    Ancell and Technician like this.
  5. Technician

    Technician TS Addict Posts: 677   +114

    Box it back up (if it's still under warranty) and return it to the store it came from for a replacement or refund. It will need to be in the original packaging and have all included items (remote, batteries, etc.)
    Ancell and learninmypc like this.
  6. Technician

    Technician TS Addict Posts: 677   +114

    Looking closer, it could also be a bit of trash caught in between the LED and the LCD panel causing a shadow, either way, take it back, and try not to let it lay down, keep it standing in transit if at all possible, if it lays down the thing could shift and not be there when you get to the store...or you could try to unplug the set, and carefully lift it and with a person on each end rotate it back and forth to try to dislodge the object, of course even if it works, it will still be floating around in there somewhere waiting to reappear when it moved again possibly.
  7. cliffordcooley

    cliffordcooley TS Guardian Fighter Posts: 9,714   +3,695

    Or you could try that for a fix and not have to take it to the store.
  8. Technician

    Technician TS Addict Posts: 677   +114

    I agree, as I said, it might work. Not knowing what it is, if it is conductive or not and where it ends up, and if it moves around again if you move to another could possibly cause a short circuit or might be harmless like a piece of sealant. Not knowing would drive me crazy, I'd have to open it up, but that voids the warranty most likely. I think I'd return it. At least call the store and see what they say.
    cliffordcooley likes this.
  9. Ancell

    Ancell TS Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 84

    Thanks for all the replies.

    I have now contacted John Lewis who are sending someone out on Tuesday.
    They have also told me they will need to take the TV away for repair.

    Hopefully I can enjoy my TV again soon. (y)
    I will post an update and try to ask what the exact problem was once repaired.

    Thanks again.

Similar Topics

Add your comment to this article

You need to be a member to leave a comment. Join thousands of tech enthusiasts and participate.
TechSpot Account You may also...