Blank Screen after HD2600Pro 512mb install

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All,
Hope you guys can help. I know that various questions along the same line have been asked but I'm still having no luck. Therefore, it would be great if someone out there can help me.

My motherboard is a Epox-4BEAV with i845 chipset. 2g Northwood CPU, 1g ddr ram. Yeah I know it's old hat but it's the wifes computer. I have just installed a new coolermaster psu and a HIS Radeon HD 2600 Pro 512mb graphics card.

I have installed the new card and used the installation CD. When I am asked to reboot, I get as far as the WindowsXP Home logo with the rolling blue icon and then nothing. The screen goes blank and stays there... I have tried various suggestions within this group but am still having no luck I have used Driver Cleaner Pro and NFR (nasty file remover) to remove any NVidia residue. The system had a AGP Nvidia MX440SE 64mb card that has Nvidia On Board on the cooling fan. There is no other monitor port apart from the graphic cards So I'm fairly sure that it is not an on board display problem.

I get the feeling that I'll have to swing for a new MB purchase if nothing else works.

I have also posted this problem in another forum, AMD Games (as I'm now both frustrated and desperate). I apologise to those members who are members of both forums.

Any and all help will be extremely appreciated.
Thanks for your time and effort.

R

Hi NFSFAN,

Thanks for the reply. The psu is an eXtreme Power Plus 500w, I think it is a RS-500-PCAR-A3.

Thank you.

R

I just read something regarding your motherboard that may help. The motherboard does not support 3.3 volt AGP cards.
(AGP supports 4x mode 1.5v. (3.3v AGP card not supported)
Not sure if your video card runs on 3.3V.

Hi all,
Thanks for replying. I am sorry in not getting back to you sooner. I bypassed the problem by installing another motherboard (GA-8S648FX). I also downloaded the agp hotfix driver from the Saphiretech website under driver support, release date Jun 23rd, 2008.
This looks to have sorted my problems. I hope that this link can help others that maybe having the same problem.
Thank you all for your time and effort,
Cheers,
rg5023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back