Blank Screen with No POST

Status
Not open for further replies.
My system: ASUS A7N266-VM, AMD 2000XP Processor, 80GB HDD, 256 DDRAM, Samsung CD Writer.......

I was playing cube game. Suddenly screen became blank. Then I retarted my computer. Blank screen with monitor light blinking. My comp wont even post. i get no beeps no noise.

I checked the monitor with another computer, it works fine. SMPS is ok as i have checked with anohter computer. I checked the RAM, it is OK.

i opened up my case and saw that all of my fans are runiing. Motherboard light is on.

This is the first i am facing with this type blank black screen. No POST, BIOS setup screen.

I believe culprit is Motherboard or Processor. I don't have similar extra Motherboard to check the processor. Is it a way to know the culprit without having extra Motherboard.

Is it become correct refixing the CMOS and jumper setting that I don't know correctly to do. I don't have extra heatsink. Whether I can use same heatsink for testing?

Hoping for help from anybody. With thanks

S. Srinivas Natekar

Check your psu, it may well have failed. Just because the fans are spinning, and the mobo light is on, doesn`t mean that your psu is ok.

Regards Howard :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back