Bloggers rights

Status
Not open for further replies.
what i cant parse, is if you have a right to stay anonymous, how can you be sued?....maybe i need a re-read

Lots of information online about these issues... Anybody can be sued for anything anywhere, anytime.
But can they win?
Sometimes the opposition just wants to be an irritant, or cost the other adversaries money.

what i cant parse, is if you have a right to stay anonymous, how can you be sued?....maybe i need a re-read

these guys are only fighting for those rights , there not law , join the priesthood and claim cannon law , then u be safe , lol

these guys are only fighting for those rights , there not law , join the priesthood and claim cannon law , then u be safe , lol

Haha, :) twister, thus where i stated "maybe i need a re-read".........and me in the priesthood???? would end civilization as we know it......im to much of an iconoclast.

This article made me chuckle a bit because most bloggers normally do the exact opposite of what they are portraying. I mean who would blog about how annoying gordon brown is and actually publish it?

what??? the right to be anonymous and do drive bye character assassinations??? please! those are not rights rights, its using the constitution to hide behind and voice your malcontent whining and not having the guts to face the person your defacing.

what??? the right to be anonymous and do drive bye character assassinations??? please! those are not rights rights, its using the constitution to hide behind and voice your malcontent whining and not having the guts to face the person your defacing.

don't start going on about the constitution , democracy itself has long passed the states , how can any good come out of everyone being subject to strict draconian laws , to control the few nuts bent on smearing people etc..., there are laws for that already.

well Twister I think you took an ideological point a little to linear. while i agree the constitution has been parsed and bastardized nearly out of existence under the purview of being' a 'living and breathing document' i do firmly believe in its original spirit and ideals. I hardly find taking responsibility for the defamation of others 'draconian' ...that's a bit much....don't ya think!?

@red , I mean the laws would be draconian if everyone was prosecuted for saying something someone ddn't like , I don't think its draconian or harsh that someone be culpable for there actions , what ideological point did I make ? I just don't see why they introduce strict new laws because of the few headcases , ya know , but I guess it just a gradual progression with big brother getting bigger , have a look at my other thread "internet privacy r.i.p." its got an interesting link , you know what they say about freedom of speech ....just watch what you say.
maybe you mean my how can any good etc.. , well people in the states were being questioned by men in black for talking about iraq , that a bit draconian don't ya think

Indeed they can! :D. The larger point im trying to make is this. Say Mike owns a business, a 'blogger' writes that Mike takes advantage of little boys,runs a meth lab out of his home, and had an incident at the petting zoo. Mikes customers stop patronizing his business drys up and his investors pull out. The blogger knowing that all that was not true should be legally on the hook. your right that there are already laws on the books for this, however from what i have read, blogger's think they should not be subject to them. and i am the first one to admit that freedom of speech is a slippery slope.

don't start going on about the constitution , democracy itself has long passed the states
you are correct.....democracy left the US in the late 18th century, we are of course not a democracy....but rather a Republic....:):p;)

@red , I mean the laws would be draconian if everyone was prosecuted for saying something someone ddn't like , I don't think its draconian or harsh that someone be culpable for there actions , what ideological point did I make ? I just don't see why they introduce strict new laws because of the few headcases , ya know , but I guess it just a gradual progression with big brother getting bigger , have a look at my other thread "internet privacy r.i.p." its got an interesting link , you know what they say about freedom of speech ....just watch what you say.
maybe you mean my how can any good etc.. , well people in the states were being questioned by men in black for talking about iraq , that a bit draconian don't ya think

Hey, if you ask anyone that knows me, they will tell you that I am anti-Orwellian,anti big brother to a fault, I agree with you (see previous post) I am not a fan of 'more laws now'. i think the ones that are supposed to protect the ideal that ' your right to extend your fist...ends where my nose begins' are correct, moral, and as you say..already on the books.

well there are laws to protect mike {I'm getting tired its 02:30 am over here} ,but I don't think the laws will be used for that , they might suggest they are to protect you {from evil doers u c were I'm going with this} but its more so to make it easier to monitor online opinions , I sure the advertising companies would also like to know and pay to know,total anonymity probably isn't possible realistically , its what the info is used for is the worry , profiles being built up on everyone. if your a gun holder , republican or democrat , like chinese or indian food , credit card purchases , online medication purchases , crimes you committed , if your with us or with the terrorists , if your good or evil , its all a matter of dividing and conquering

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back