Blu-ray files not playing properly on Windows 7 64bit

Status
Not open for further replies.

waterproof

It's always gets that picture quality as if it was scratched and of course out of sync! I have no issue with it on Windows 7 32 bit or Vista 32 bit, my codec i thought it was the issue, so i uninstalled it and installed it again but the same thing happens, also with the 32 bit, uses the same codec as my 64bit, has no issues with the bluray files (mkv format) anyone know how i can stop this?

They aren't bluray files if they're in an mkv. Matroska is a container for files of many different codecs - most commonly .264 + some audio format(s) + subtitles. What media player are you using for these files? Have you tried playing the files with VLC?

They aren't bluray files if they're in an mkv. Matroska is a container for files of many different codecs - most commonly .264 + some audio format(s) + subtitles. What media player are you using for these files? Have you tried playing the files with VLC?

They're bluray rips that's available online that's been turned into mkv extension. Anyway, I do use VLC to watch the videos, that's the problem with it, same with Media Player has the same issues, don't think it's to do with the file, it plays perfect on 32bit Windows 7/Vista.

Funny how MS W7 32/64-bit Media Player or MCE doesn't support B-Ray out of the box. You need to install and run Power DVD. I got one laptop that has W764HOP on it with B-Ray/DVDRW it came with PDVD8. I also have PDVD10 that supports blue-ray in 3D. Newer one needs a very fast system. On quad core it runs smooth.

Funny how MS W7 32/64-bit Media Player or MCE doesn't support B-Ray out of the box. You need to install and run Power DVD. I got one laptop that has W764HOP on it with B-Ray/DVDRW it came with PDVD8. I also have PDVD10 that supports blue-ray in 3D. Newer one needs a very fast system. On quad core it runs smooth.

Damn sounds like my system needs an upgrade, although both my laptop and my pc running vista 32bit seems happy with watching bluray, just cant seem to get it right with 64bit :(

You're not running bluray at all. You're playing a .264 encoded video in a matroska container. It would be much more accurate to say you're having problems playing an mkv.

Bluray has nothing to do with your current problem except for being the original source for your video file. There are more efficient ways to decode .264 files than with VLC - perhaps you should look at another player or a different decoder. Try looking into one of the WMP HomeCinema solutions and you might have better luck.

You're not running bluray at all. You're playing a .264 encoded video in a matroska container. It would be much more accurate to say you're having problems playing an mkv.

Bluray has nothing to do with your current problem except for being the original source for your video file. There are more efficient ways to decode .264 files than with VLC - perhaps you should look at another player or a different decoder. Try looking into one of the WMP HomeCinema solutions and you might have better luck.

Oh ok, so I guess U gace a mkv problem, but why on 64bit but not 32bit?

Because it's possible you're decoder is having issues or a conflict on your x64 side. Have you tried with another player or codec?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back