BLUE SCREEN error message and dont know what to do

Status
Not open for further replies.
blue screen error message is coming up everytime i use the computer and it says,

"A problem has been detected and windows has been shutdown to prevent damage to your computer. If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps; Check to see if you have adequate disk space. If a driver is identified in the stop message. disable the driver or check witht the manufacturuer for driver updates. Try changing video adapters. Check with hardware venderer for any BIOS updates. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer." and on the bottom of the screen it says, "Beginning dump of physical memory. Physical memory dump complete."

I am running a
3.2 ghz intel p4
80 gig western digital
120 gig maxtor ultra series
2 = 512 pc3200 ram pny technology
MSI pt880 mother board with D.O.T technology
visiontek xtasy radeon 9600 256mb agp
if this information is helpful to my problem

I am confused what should i do? does this error message have anything to do with BIOS or my harddrive? Anyways what is a BIOS? also my computer restarts unexpectedly. I would really apprieciate some help =) thank you
:D

If you're using XP check the Event Viewer in Administrative Tools in Control Panel. Was there a STOP error? It could be faulty hardware or heat related. Make sure all the fans are running. Leave the side of the case off and see if it still reboots.

If it is a stop error, write down the error name and any parameters that are with it. Then go to microsoft's support page and search the knowledge database for your error. They usually (keyword usually:p ) give you a solution to your problem.

system event 1001

When Windows crashes, it writes a system event 1001 and a minidump to the folder \windows\minidump
Check system event 1001 and it has the content of the blue screen

Control Panel -> Adminstrative Tools -> Event Viewer -> System -> Event 1001. Copy the content and paste it back here

i'm here

:eek: try to boot from your os and select repair and then if you are on command prompt type chkdsk /repair ( it should fix the problem) if not it might be memory problem, if you got other memory try it! ok good luck! :giddy:

Experiencing the same error? computer less than a month old.

Brand Spanking new Dell. 250 gig harddrive, 2 gb ram, supposed to be a dream machine, nothing of the sort, blue screen of death at random, Dell claims it's a software issue, I know it is the fan, and that it is overheated, all troubleshooting indicates so, Time to get a lawyer or a gun....

jim puliti

The blue screen : I've had the problem, but for some reason the Message points to a driver in my" US B 2TV Tuner Win DVR3" Have had trouble with this thing since I received it. I just uninstalled the Driver. It took care of that , but I'm still w/out the use of it. I know it will work, because I was successful in recording a few segments, but the Capture Device kept dropping out.
Check the blue screen message carefully. Good luck.

my computer gives me a blue screen error all of a sudden, and it happens pretty often. when i checked the event viewer it said it that it was a event ID 1000 and was in the ctsyncu.exe application. how do i repair it? I appreciate a quick reply. Oh and hi by the way!

hello - sorry, this is most surely not protocol...but the blue screen happens to me every few months & when i reboot it works finw...my message said this: rebooted from a bug check - 0x100000d1 (0xf000a5a7, 0x00000008, 0xf000a5a7)...not sure if i should be more worried than i am...thanks,
prm...

1260iliesa said:
what solution can you offer to avoid this blue screen

At this point that is impossible to say because we don't have any information. Read my previous post and follow those directions.

Frequent Blue screen of death

When Windows crashes, it writes a system event 1001 and a minidump to the folder \windows\minidump
Check system event 1001 and it has the content of the blue screen

Control Panel -> Adminstrative Tools -> Event Viewer -> System -> Event 1001. Copy the content and paste it back here

Can someone help me with this?

Error code 100000d1, parameter1 000000c0, parameter2 00000002, parameter3 00000000, parameter4 f6921059.

It seems to have something to also do with nv4_mini.sys

Any help is appreciated.

My solution

I had the same problem and couldn't find a way to fix it. One time while rebooting my computer is pressed F12 for the setup menu and looked around in there. In that menu I switched from FAST BOOT to I think NORMAL BOOT or something like that, now all steps of the boot will be followed and that will take only 1 or 2 minutes longer.

Before I did this, and only this, I couldn't work on my computer for a day without getting the bluescreen at least two or three times. Now I haven't had the bluescreen for over 2 weeks...

Maybe it works for you too! Good luck.

My older laptop, a Compaq c600n, does about the same. It bluescreens that I may have a memory problem, or to try changing video adapter. Then it does the memory dump thing. I found many errors in my registries, so I ordered brand new RAM & went up from just 256 to 512. I then slow formatted my hard drive, & went to install Windows XP from my "full legal" XP CD. Everything was going great, format completed, and XP was installing. Then the very same bluescreen message came up. Can't afford a new laptop at the moment. With the full format, there must be a problem in my hardware. So can I get a new video adapter & simply plug in? Not been inside my laptop to see how everything is installed. The RAM has a small panel for access. Hope you all can help!

The Infamous BSOD i had many computers in the shop for this bain of the Computer world. It can be a

number of things ranging from newly installed software to newly installed hardware and in some

cases it is due to malware. Just remember what you were doin when it first happened this usually

explains what the problem is. Run all the preliminary diagnostics because worst case scenario you

need new ram or new hard drive. If you dont then best case scenario is back up all important data and

reinstall that precious OS. Good tools to run diagnostics include UBCD (ultimate boot cd) Hirens boot

disk and All in one DVD malware cleaning and diagnostics included best of all they are free designed

by those who love to share also prety nice tools to partition repartition and even kill your hard drive in

the event you need to for whatever reason. (whistles) XD

enjoy pm if you have other questions i will try to help as best i can

Alias: (>ConquerorCaesar<)

One more thing and this is happens less often than the others there is software (google it) to monitor

the system Temp and fans and check the temp if you cant get into the OS to run these tools go into

your bios most will

display your core temp if your in the middle of winter your room is cold and your comp is still runnin

anywhere above 90 look into purchasing some thermo grease latch that heat sink off scrape off any

residue put a couple drops top that processor pop that baby back on and you should be good to go

because if the processor is too hot or the heat sink is not doin its job then you will most certainly get

the BSOD XD

Got mine figured out. Took it all apart & cleaned. Heatsink fins were pretty dirty, but that wasn't the REAL problem. Put her back together & started her up & all working fine. Checked the fan output again. In a few minutes the fan stopped! I quickly set up a small fan to blow into the cooling area & I have successfully re-installed XP. Already bought another heat sink unit off ebay...guaranteed good for just $10 & free delivery. Happy as a clam!

need help

Please can somebody help about blue screen error?
This is the content of it:

Error code 100000d1, parameter1 00000006, parameter2 00000002, parameter3 00000000, parameter4 f83c7508.

How should I proceed ?

First, Go to the Windows OS forums and at the top you'll see the BSOD forums. read the stickies and then post there. 0xD1 errors are caused by faulty drivers or buggy software. When you post under the BSOD forum we need you system specs along with make and model of your PC/laptop, how old it is, hardware, OS, and security software.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back