Blue Screen Of Death 0x0000007F

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get the BSOD 0x0000007F when I try to play a game of mine. I have NEVER gotten this before. All my other games work fine, just this one. I also tried to reformat my computer with my xp disc and ALSO got the BSOD. I am using a laptop, so i'm not 100% sure if it's the dust, overheating, overclocking, or the memory. I attached 5 of my latest minidumps. If you need me to provide anything else let me know.

Edit:

--------[ EVEREST Home Edition (c) 2003-2005 Lavalys, Inc. ]------------------------------------------------------------

Version EVEREST v2.20.405
Report Type Report Wizard
Computer ASPNDELL4150
Generator Administrator
Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Professional 5.1.2600 (WinXP Retail)
Date 2009-03-27
Time 05:00

--------[ Summary ]-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Computer:
Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Professional
OS Service Pack Service Pack 3
DirectX 4.09.00.0904 (DirectX 9.0c)
Computer Name ASPNDELL4150
User Name Administrator

Motherboard:
CPU Type Mobile Intel Pentium 4M, 1800 MHz (18 x 100)
Motherboard Name Dell Inspiron 4150
Motherboard Chipset Intel Brookdale i845MP
System Memory 512 MB (PC2100 DDR SDRAM)
BIOS Type Phoenix (05/15/03)
Communication Port Communications Port (COM1)
Communication Port ECP Printer Port (LPT1)

Display:
Video Adapter MOBILITY RADEON 7500 (16 MB)
Video Adapter MOBILITY RADEON 7500 (16 MB)
3D Accelerator ATI Mobility Radeon 7500 (M7)
Monitor Digital Flat Panel (1600x1200)

Multimedia:
Audio Adapter Intel 82801CAM ICH3-M - AC'97 Audio Controller [B-1]

Storage:
IDE Controller Intel(R) 82801CAM Ultra ATA Storage Controller-248A
Disk Drive HITACHI_DK23EA-30 (30 GB, 4200 RPM, Ultra-ATA/100)
Optical Drive HL-DT-ST RW/DVD GCC-4240N (DVD:8x, CD:24x/10x/24x DVD-ROM/CD-RW)
SMART Hard Disks Status OK

Partitions:
C: (NTFS) 28615 MB (4652 MB free)

Input:
Keyboard Standard 101/102-Key or Microsoft Natural PS/2 Keyboard
Mouse HID-compliant mouse
Mouse PS/2 Compatible Mouse

Network:
Network Adapter 3Com 3C920 Integrated Fast Ethernet Controller (3C905C-TX Compatible) (192.168.0.148)
Modem AC97 SoftV92 Data Fax Modem

Peripherals:
Printer Microsoft XPS Document Writer
USB1 Controller Intel 82801CAM ICH3-M - USB Controller [B-1]
USB Device USB Human Interface Device
Battery Microsoft AC Adapter
Battery Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery
Battery Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery

Moderator Edit
:
I have removed your two replies with HUGE pasted logs
If you feel these logs are required (which I'd say no)
Then Attach them by editing and Advanced Edit this original post

All of your errors are 0x0000007F: UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP

One of three types of problems occurred in kernel-mode: (1) Hardware failures. (2) Software problems. (3) A bound trap (i.e., a condition that the kernel is not allowed to have or intercept). Hardware failures are the most common cause and, of these, memory hardware failures are the most common.

All of your files cited the ati3d1ag.dll which is an ATI driver. Do the following:

1. Download Driver Cleaner Pro (free version) to your desktop screen and install.

2. Download the latest diver(s) for your video card but don't install them.

3. Uninstall your video card drivers and reboot your PC into Safe Mode. Run Driver Cleaner Pro. If it doesn't find any video card drivers that is quite okay.

4. Reboot and install new video card drivers.

* By the way, what was the reason for reformatting?

Thank you I will try that. I wanted to reformat to see if it would help at all.

Also, how do I start it up in safe mode? And may I get a link to the Driver Cleaner Pro please?

Google Driver Cleaner Pro.

Safe Mode = Press F8 at boot-up. Keep pressing it.

Reformatting is usually a last option. Especially since you only had this problem with one game. Reformatting is often done when there is no other recourse such as a heavily infected system.

Route44,

I tried everything you suggested above. Sadly for me, it did not work. I'm really starting to think it's just hardware failure or bad ram. And I cannot reformat because it just shows that dang BSOD.. Thank you for trying to help me though. If you have any other suggestions, I'll gladly try them.

- Voidster

Run memtest on your RAM. This test test takes over almost as soon as you boot-up.

1. Go to www.memtest.org and download the latest ISO version. It is free and perfectly safe.

2. Burn to a CD.

3. Place CD in your drive and reboot with CD in drive. (You might have to place your drive as first bootable in your BIOS) The test will take over.

4. Let it run for a LONG time. The rule is a minimum of 7 Passes. There are 8 individual tests per Pass. Many people will start this test before going to bed and check it the next day.

5. If you have errors you have corrupted memory and it needs to be replaced.

6. Also, with errors you need to run this test per stick of RAM. Take out one and run the test. Then take that one out and put the other in and run the test. If you start getting errors before 7 Passes you know that stick is corrupted and you don’t need to run the test any further on that stick.

Well, first of all, I do not have a cd burner.

Second of all, I am using a laptop. So I wouldn't really know how to take out the ram or anything inside it.

@Route44
Google Driver Cleaner Pro.
Run memtest on your RAM. This test test takes over almost as soon as you boot-up.

1. Go to www.memtest.org and download the latest ISO version. It is free and perfectly safe.

2. Burn to a CD.

Don't we already have guides for this :confused:

Here's Driver Sweeper in case you need to remove drivers too ;)

What can it be used for ?
The current supported drivers are NVIDIA (Display and Chipset), ATI (Display), Creative (Sound) Realtek (Sound), Ageia (PhysX) and Microsoft (Mouse).
From the Driver links by manufacturer Sticky
With your comment:
Excellent idea.

And here is the TechSpot Guide to Memtest here => https://www.techspot.com/vb/post653029-21.html

@Voidster
Please locate a computer that you can burn the Memtest ISO ;)

And you can find all your Guides/Manuals (on removing Ram, and you name it) here => https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic100658.html

@Route44 again
If you feel these Guides and stickies require extra info, please reply to them and provide this valuable, presently unknown, information
But otherwise help Members by supplying the Guides. Which will likely avoid further not required replies given to you
My 2cents worth ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back