Blue Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought a new dell inspiron 530 and I get a random BOFD, the window report says some hardware problem.

Intel 174; Core™2 Quad processor Q6600 (8MB L2, 2.4GHz, 1066FSB)

3GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 800MHz - 4 DIMMs

Genuine Windows Vista 174; Home Basic Service Pack 1

and i put in a
HIS Ati Radeon hd 2600xt 512mb

I used to work for Dell. All computer come with a default 90 day warranty. Call Dell and they will (eventually) dispatch a local technician to your place to fix the problem. First, the Dell hardware call centre will want to run a battery of tests but be patient and stick to your assertion that it is an "out of the box" hardware issue, therefore, something needs to be replaced. You'll eventually get your hardware replaced free of charge.

Best,
-- Andy

How do i know it is not a problem with the Video card? I want to find out what the problem is if I can.

My mistake, I missed the part at the end of your original post where you stated you installed a customer video card.

OK this is different. I try setting up the video card from scratch again. Re-seat the card (pull it out and pop it back in firmly) then follow the installation CD to set it up. If that doesn't fix the problem, repost and we'll take it from there.

Best,
-- Andy

I don't know if almcneil looked at the Minidump posted but his first suggestion is most likely right in saying it is Hardware because the Minidump indicates a 0x124 Error and cites "hardware" as the probable cause with Intel being mentioned in the Minidump recording as well. As you also correctly Identified Hardware in the Windows Report.

BugCheck 124, {0, 848050f8, b2000018, 6000e0f}

Probably caused by : hardware

Quote of the Error from the Minidump.

WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (124)
A fatal hardware error has occurred. Parameter 1 identifies the type of error
source that reported the error. Parameter 2 holds the address of the
WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure that describes the error conditon.
Arguments:
Arg1: 00000000, MCA_ASSERT
Arg2: 848050f8, Address of WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure
Arg3: b2000018, High 32 bits of MCi_STATUS MSR for the MCA bank that had
the error
Arg4: 06000e0f, Low 32 bits of MCi_STATUS MSR for the MCA bank that had
the error

So as almcneil has mentioned call Dell and if or when the Technician comes as is mentioned tell him you suspect Intel Hardware as the cause from the Minidumps being recorded, the CPU is unlikely to be faulty so I suspect the Motherboard maybe manufactured by Intel and putting that Graphics Card in may have done something.

I added the full Minidump as a .txt file below for you as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back