Bluetooth device not found once Vista reset to factory settings?

Hi I am seeking some assistance or advice with the above problem. Prior to resetting this laptop (Acer Aspire3680) the bluetooth dvice was fully functional but now it does not ppear as an option in the control panel nor do I see a device icon on the bottom left of the screen. thelaptop has a bluetooth toggle switch but when this is filcked a pop up sign flashes on the bottom of the screen "No Device" Can anyone advise on this matter please? Regards Keith

Prior to resetiing? You mean you used the options to restore to factory condition? Then you almost certainly just need to re-install the driver for the blue-tooth device. Read the manual, or the website support for the laptop, where you will also find the necessary driver if you cant find it on the HDD or CD's that came with the PC

Hi - Thanks for your response,
Yes I used the options to restore factory settings. Regretably I do no have a manual for the laptop and it was purchased with Vista pre installed without CD's supplied. I will try the websie support for the Acer. I have located what I beliver to be the bluetooth aplication softare on the HDD but when I try to run the setup it seems to sit there and do nothing?
Cheers
Keith

No, the actual files might well be there, but they have to be 'installed', which effectively means all the registry entries that it relies upon have to be written to make it work. The installer will almost always be something like 'install.exe' or setup.exe or more often some name that looks quite like the equipment, but ending .inf You right-click that and 'install' is an option in the properties list.

Back