Boot/Crash/Power Trouble!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, just wondering if any one could shed some light on a problem(s) im currently having with my PC

On occasoins From power up, it will boot and take me all the way to my desktop then crash after a few minutes and either restart booting or just freeze on a black screen?
On some occasions from power up it will not even give me the bleep sound that usually indicates boot up, just the power light comes on and fan kicks in, theres no screen as it doesnt seem to be sending a signal to the monitor?
(Maybe coincidence? but, the pressure i press the power up button with seems to get more boot ups when i press very lightly and hardly push it in???????)
And after about 5 or 6 attempts at booting it will work normally?? and not crash at all?? :suspiciou

Welcome to TechSpot

Sounds like a trashy power-on switch or partly loose connection on the mobo-side. Check switch and cable.
Also, check that all memory, cards, drives, cables etc. are properly seated/connected.
Switch PC off, disconnect from mains, take all cards and memory out and put back in.

Took the PC apart and cleaned the memory coonections and the power switch connections, and it seems to have done the trick!!

Most appreciated

Thanks

Slimsoul

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back