Boots up, no output on screen... seperate video cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
DFI LanParty NFII Ultra Motherboard
AMD Athlon XP 2100+ w/400 fsb Processor
OCZ 1024MB Dual Channel PC3200 DDR Ram
ATI Radeon 9500 Pro GFX Card

Well... I just got back home from college, I go to school up in south dakota and live in mississippi, well my precious computer rode in my trunk the whole way down, being bounced and jarred around.
I get home and I try hooking up my computer, I dont get any output on the screen... none at all, i've had wierd problems with my graphic card before, but i would just have to do wierd things, like plug it into the dvi port or have a 2nd monitor plugged in for it to work correctly, because it would throw out some wierd resolution that my lcd can't display, this time it's not getting a signal at all though... so i replace the card with a crappy nvidia pci one i had in another computer that i know works fine, still nothing, i've tried other monitors as well.

I get no output whatsoever on the screen, if i listen close i get a beep noise every few seconds it sounds, not sure if this is normal or not, can't really remember, lol, i don't think it is.

Does anyone have ANY idea what could have happened ? I'm about to strip the thing apart and start repiecing it back together. I'm hoping the only option isn't to start stripping it and testing every part to see if it is working correctly.

Thanks
Stewart

The first thing would be to make sure that everything is seated properly and didnt come loose. also when you installed the PCI card did you make sure in the bios that the video was set to PCI and not AGP?

How would I go about changing information in the bios without having a screen to see what is going on ?
And I am currently in the process of tearing it apart and putting it back together to insure that nothing was jarred loose, eventhough I didn't notice anything loose before-hand.

- Stewart

Uh oh...
After getting it all back together now actually... I notice that the HDD light on my case stays on and when I go to turn off the computer I just have to press the button for a brief moment to turn it off rather than having to hold the button down, so I don't think it's even getting to the windows boot sequence at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back