Broken .exe association, can't go into regedit to fix

Status
Not open for further replies.

richierich1689

I think ad-aware did something, but i have no idea
and now, i can't go into any programs
i got into firefox through clicking on the files and the pressing "Use web service to find the appropriate program", which it didn't, but allowed me to get online to find help

i basically looked it up myself, and it's a broken .exe file association, and they tell me how to fix it here: http://filext.com/info/showthread.php?t=12
but i get there and it wants me to go into regedit, which i can't do because... it can't find "clb.dll" to run regedit...

this is really making me frustrated, will some kind stranger please help me? :mad: :mad:

ya, i did, that didn't work either
i did the whole thing with dos and the copying and making it .com
it won't work!!
:(
plz help!

i've tried everything, i can see the icons on the shortcuts now... but when i try pressing it, or even the original files, when i try pressing it, it comes up with an error message saying, "This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Create an association in the Folders Options control panel"
and that's when i have no idea what to do
plzzzzzzzz helpppp!

no no no
the thing is, i can't use ANY files @ all, i can't click on something and have it work, i tried the system restore thing as said in the link, but it wouldn't work, cuz when i press anything, be it a shortcut or an original file, the error message pops up...
arg
tnx for help... this is really starting to get to me now...

and where would i find clb.dll, the file?
that's what regedit is missing to run, and i can't find it, everythign will work, but idk where to find it

Are you talking about spyware? Or the program Ad-Aware? Because this program creates system restore points which would allow you to just restore it back to before you did your last scan.

Regards,

Korrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back