Browser/desktop keeps refreshing

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACE99

For quite a while now my browser has been refreshing itself whilst i am typing on the internet. It only seems to happen when i actually type something and then the page i'm on keeps refreshing. It does not happen all the time just some times but it is very anoying. I have tried internet explorer, firefox and google chrome all with the same problem.
Also at the same time if i click on an item on my desktop then the desktop will refresh and sometimes the icons will all move to the left of the screen. It also happens in explorer (My computer, my documents etc...) I have run an antivirus scan with avast and there are no viruses it can find.
I'm hoping that there is some simple solution.
Thanks for your help.

Computer specs if needed:
Motherboard: Asus M2N32 WS Professional
Graphics Card: BFG NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS OC2 320MB PCIe
Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 3 GHz Processor
Ram: OCZ 4GB (2x2GB) DDR2 800MHz/PC2-6400 Titanium Memory Kit CL4(4-4-4-15)

just a single check with Avast is not enough. See the malware forum for all the other things you should use to check with. Your symptoms suggest an infection, or maybe a hardware fault. For instance if your keyboard randomly generates an F5 key press, the refreshes on the internet would be explained.

Your internet connection might intermittently drop out too. I dont know offhand any way to check your internet connection for continuous connection. Maybe someone will jump in with a suggestion about that.

Having the whole desktop reset and sort the icons is again probably possible with one or two (randomly generated) key presses. Of course, such things would also be perfectly possible with malware.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back