BSOD 0x00000007F

Status
Not open for further replies.

gingeryperson

I get this BSOD about 45 mins to 1.5 hours of computer use it will get this BSOD.

STOP 0x00000007F (0x000000000, 0x000... Zeros from now on)

Currently running
- Asus Rampage Formula
- Intel Q6600
- Kingston HyperX 1066mhz 4GB
- HD4870
- 850w PSU

Recently created this computer 2 days ago,
North bridge is also running hot. 40 idle, 50 max.
South is also running hot. 45 deg.

I'm not sure if its because my RAM is getting hot or something. No idea what temperature it is, but its running hot to the touch, nothing to burn your fingers though. but hot nonetheless. Dunno if this is the cause, but either way its definitely not helping it.

It just crashes usually while gaming, playing videos, sometimes while not doing anything, so I have no idea about it.

Any ideas?

0x0000007F: UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP

One of three types of problems occurred in kernel-mode: (1) Hardware failures. (2) Software problems. (3) A bound trap (i.e., a condition that the kernel is not allowed to have or intercept). Hardware failures are the most common cause and, of these, memory hardware failures are the most common.

So as you can tell there can be many causes. Run memtest on your RAM.

The range of 40 to 50 Celcius is 104 - 122 Fahrenheit. If your gaming it is going to go higher because of the load.

How many Passes did you run memtest for? I don't know if bad RAM is your issues but it is commow with this error code.

Try running it with only 2 gigs of RAM. Do you still get BSODs?

I have tried 2 gigs of RAM. Been swapping them around to see if any stops the BSOD, but still no. Did 2 passes. Dunno if its cuz its a new board and things havent quite settled right yet, aparently it was made sometime last month. probably nothing to do that though

No, it isn't because your motherboard hasn't setteled right yet. For future diagnostics memtest needs to run for a minimum of 7 Passes.

Attach you 5 latest minidump files in one Zip file. Just the files and not the folders.

Heres the memory dumps u requested.I'll do the memtests over night or early morning so I cant give the results until tomorrow

Crashed again

Dunno if its neccessary, but ill tell you the temperatures of everything when it crashed.
CPU @ 21 degrees maximum
Northbridge @ 38
Southbridge @ 47
RAM @ cold, not even warm at all (shame they dont come with sensors. Will have to get those Crucial Ballistix ones next, they have them)

This is mainly to ask what is the usual temperature of the North and South bridge, what temperature you should be concerned about and when things start to go awry.

Thx.
Alex

All of your errors are the same 0x7F error and all cite the Windowws driver ACPI.sys which is too general to be of much help.

This file is from Microsoft and it is part of the Microsoft Windows operating system drivers and associated with the CPU and various internal functions.

What is also interesting is that in every minidump it also cited that the driver ASACPI.sys was blocked from loading. This link may be of interest to you: http://www.motherboardpoint.com/atk0110-acpi-utility-t22012.html

I have removed asus AI suite and ended the Asus ACPI center task (cant seem to uninstall that?) and so far no problems with bsods. fingers crossed, but i think im gonna have to get my board sent back and replaced. One of the RAM slots doesn't work.

I never noticed really. but when do you really go and check whether you have 4GBs working in your system. I think it may have worked at one time when I bought it, which wasnt long ago, but it is definitely not working now. Will have to get replaced. Probably trade it in for a whole new set of problems. YAY! go me and my luck!

Thank you for your help anyways. Ill feedback if i get another BSOD, but there is probably no point as will be sending this motherboard back for hopefully one that works (well, has 4GBs worth of RAM available to it like it says on the box, no false advertising for me. "3 RAM slots and 1 fake/pretend RAM slot". I have a feeling it doesnt say that on the box. Thx.

Okay, understand now. Motherboard manufacturers will bundle all kinds of software and some of that software is something you just don't want to install because of issues. When I buillt my 939 system with the excellent EPoX 9NPA+Ultra board I was told by many not to even install the Nvidia IDE drivers and Armor ware. It seems Asus' AI suit is one of those softwares that give people issues.

When you get your new board do a google search about set-up. You'll get some sound advice from builders what to do and not to do.

Thanks for getting back to us. By the way, only a 64-bit operating system will recognize and utilize 4 gigs (or more) of memory.

I realise that only 64 bits will recognise the whole 4GBs, but i get 3072MB of RAM, usually it would be in the area of 3200MB. I take all RAM out, and put ram in that slot only and it recognises that the PC has no RAM, so doesnt boot up at all, cuz BIOS is still looking for it.

I realise that only 64 bits will recognise the whole 4GBs, but i get 3072MB of RAM, usually it would be in the area of 3200MB. I take all RAM out, and put ram in that slot only and it recognises that the PC has no RAM, so doesnt boot up at all, cuz BIOS is still looking for it.

Yep, an RMA is definitely in the works. let us know what board you decide on and if that brings you stability.

I reckon ill stay with the same board, I just reckon I was unlucky enough to get a bad one. I know a few people with them and the have had no problems, so I think its just me. I have no end of bad luck. Its just me I think. I'll RMA it and get the same one. If thats bad too, then I'll definitely give up on Asus (did I really just say that?).

As a little note: now that the BSODs are gone (putting aside the fact that I can only use 3GB of RAM, not 3.2GB which isn't such a bummer until i get a new one) its actually a very very good board. Everything seems to have cooled down now, everything runs fantastic, but I'll still want a replacement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back