BSOD after sp3 downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluemouse

Hi all,

I posted a little while ago because I was experiencing slow internet transfers after upgrading to sp3. I just decided to downgrade back to sp2, but now I keep getting BSODs every 3 minutes.

Could anyone help me read the minidump files and figure out potential problems or something? Thanks!

Attachments

• Mini092608-06.dmp
    88 KB · Views: 5
Three of your minidumps were 0xA which is a strong indication of hardware issues. They cited a core Windows driver but that is too general to help.

The other two minidumps were 0x8E and these are caused by hardware issues. One that was definitive cited memory corruption.

Run Memtest for a minimum of 7 passes. Any errors and you must replace the RAM. www.memtest.org

Thanks for the quick reply/information. Will do! Just curious, where did you learn this stuff about which parts of the memory are reserved for which components, and also how to read the minidumps?

Cheers :)

Hmm, I've done 8 passes with memtest, but there doesn't seem to be any errors. Actually, it only seems to cause problems when I do something related to the internet (i.e. browser, mail, exploring network drive) for the most part.

I can post the other minidumps as well. Hopefully that could narrow it down.

0xA error, three 0x8E errors, and one that could not be read. Please give us your system specs.

Dell Latitude D610 laptop
Pentium M 2.1 Ghz
1 Gig RAM
Intel 2200 BG wireless card
Sp2 (was sp3 but downgraded)
Docking Station (forgot to mention that)

A few questions:

1. Were you getting BSODs when SP3 was installed?

2. Why did you go back to SP2?

3. Have you attempted to re-install SP3?

I have noticed more than one case of problems after SP3 which were solved by reinstalling video driver. Try that and other drivers too.....obvious cause is SP3 has a new response to some utility function(s) commonly used by drivers to talk to the hardware.

A few questions:

1. Were you getting BSODs when SP3 was installed?

2. Why did you go back to SP2?

3. Have you attempted to re-install SP3?

I was having ridiculous internet problems with sp3 on multiple networks with both wired and wireless adapters, so I downgraded. No, i don't want to go back to SP3 unless I can solve the internet problem.

Hmm... video drivers, eh? I already tried the network card drivers, but maybe I'll try that as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back