BSOD And Various Errors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone.
Please bear with me me as it's the first time I've ever posted on a forum before.
I bought my PC in parts at xmas & my dad put it together for me.Straight away I started having probs with it blue screening.It turned out it was the hard drive which was duly swapped and upgraded to a Seagate one (BTW my specs are available to look at if I've set it up right!!!). So I finally recieved the computer back last Fri (18 Jan), I installed a few things and updated the graphics card driver over the 1 my dad installed that came with the card then I used ASUS Smart Doctor to O/C the GPU from 540 to 560MHz and the memory from 800 to 810 then I tried COD 4 and there were were squares all over the screen with little dots in them. I tried Bioshock and that was even worse with mad coloured blocks all over aswell as the squares w/dots.But it doesn't normally crash during the games.But when I tried playing certain AVI's it would BSOD.So I reformatted & reinstalled & it's now playing the AVI's fine but the games are the same & tonight I tried playing DEUS EX with CPU Killer as it plays fast normally.It did 3 BSOD's in a row.At the moment I can't take the GPU back and also I'm worried that I might of done it & have to pay £20 to have them tell me that, but my other card (XFX 7600GT) O/Ced a lot more than that and it's still going fine but in my sons PC (who doesn't live with me so I'm not able to try it in mine).I was wondering if anyone would be good enough to have a look at the minidump files I've attached aswell as the pic of the screenshot at the beginning of Bioshock and tell me what they think, it seems funny that 2 components have broke in the same PC in less than 6 weeks.I was wondering if something else might be wrong say the PSU (which is a 500W one BTW) or the memory. To be honest I don't see how I can be this unlucky. I've owned PC's for 5Yrs now and nothing had ever gone wrong(hardware wise).Anyway thanks in advance. I'd appreciate any info or suggestions.

Double post, please refer to this post in replying (posted with attachments)

In replying to your own post, use Edit instead of reply.
Also do not create more than one post for the same issue

----------------------

Sorry

Sorry about that mate I wasn't sure where it was supposed to go and when I finished it,it said it was in the wrong place or something like that. Anyway I apologize,I'm new to posting in forums

I think Audio and Video forum is correct, and you have the attachments there as well.

You will receive a response once someone is able to read it through thoroughly.

Also when posting, it may be better to put it in point form

My Issue
What I have done innitially
What have tried afterwards
Any other info
Attachments

You may also look at THIS link in creating a good post.
And definately THIS link as an example, in doing that.

This makes replying by support members very easy, instead of reading such a long paragraph.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back