Bsod BrainBUster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rayss523

Okay heres my problem I upgraded my machine and am now getting a constant BSOD before windows ever boots up.

My specs are
Intel Pentium D 805 2.66Ghz Dual Core(new)
Asus P5ND2 SLI Motherboard(new)
Corsair Valueselect 2GB RAM (1GBx2) (new)
PNY Vertgo PCI graphics Card(from old comp)
120 GB Maxtor HD (old)
Windows xp pro (yes its a legal copy)

The Bsod is stating that I should remove any newly installed hardware, hard drives, or hard drive controllers. CHeck my hard drive w/ CHKDSK /F, and then restart.

*** STOP: 0x0000007B (0xF789E640,0xc0000034,0x00000000,0x00000000)

I have tried 2 different hard drives with windows xp installed fresh on one.

The reason I upgraded is because I installed some bad Kingston ram in my old motherboard and stopped getting video from it altogether. So I decided to just upgrade my comp and get rid of my headache, lol.

What can I do to fix this. Why me?

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

I wouldn`t mind betting your BSOD problem is caused by your old hard drive having the drivers for your old mobo. This means there`s a hardware conflict in your old Windows installation.

Try doing a Windows repair as per this thread HERE. Depending on how different your new mobo is in comparison to your old one, this may not work.

If it doesn`t, you will probably need to fromat the hard drive and reinstall frrom scatch.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

I already tried that. I installed windows on an extra harddrive I had and took the old one out. I had to do this on a different comp though because I couldn't get my comp to boot from the DVD drive.

Sorry thought I had mentioned it before.

Ok so I used kill disk and wiped the hard drive reformatted it in FAT32 and installed windows xp home. And it still wont start. But I tried a different hard some thing at it will start but the windows cd has to be in the **** drive or it wont load windows. WTH?

And thats only when it feels like working sometimes it will just crash while im trying to back up files. And I gave up last night when it stopped loading all together.

ok so I got my comp to work. turns out no matter what it wouldnt boot up off one hard-drive in particular, switched it out with a different one and Win XP works no problem.

Also turns out that I did need some extra Thermal paste for my cpu the Stock thermal pad for Pentium D's 2.66 dual core is not enough if you get one, make sure you add some extra paste on there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back