Bsod error code 10000050

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got the blue screen of death several times. The event viewer error is: Error code 10000050, parameter1 f9948af1, parameter2 00000008, parameter3 f9948af1, parameter4 00000000.

I've attached the minidumps, can someone tell me what the problem is?

0x00000050: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

Requested data was not in memory. An invalid system memory address was referenced.

These can be caused by defective memory (including main memory, L2 RAM cache, video RAM) or incompatible software (including remote control and antivirus software) might cause this Stop message, as may other hardware problems (e.g., incorrect SCSI termination or a flawed PCI card).

You also had a 0x7E error: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

A system thread generated an exception which the error handler did not catch. There are numerous individual causes for this problem, including hardware incompatibility, a faulty device driver or system service, or some software issues.

One driver that was cited was SYMEVENT.SYS which belongs to the process Symantec Event Library belonging to the software SYMEVENT or LaBelle CD Toolbox v or Family Tree Maker by Symantec Corporation.

Another driver cited was naveng.sys which belongs to the process AV Engine belonging to the software Symantec Antivirus Engine or NAVENG by Symantec Corporation.

* That is two Symantec drivers cited in two crash dumps. It could be you need to update Symantec. Often what is needed in these cases is just updating one's drivers.

* However, as the dumps indicate there is strong possibility it is a hardware issue, so...

1. Run MemTest on your memory. Google MemTest and you find this great little utility that is absolutely free. Follow the directions and let it run for a minimum of 7 passes (this takes quite some time) and if you have errors you have corrupted memory. It can't be fixed, only replaced. Also, if you do have errors then run this test on each individual stick to see if one or all need replacement.

2. Run a full harddrive diagnostics, but first do MemTest.

Thanks so much for your quick response. All memory and hard drive tests have passed. I'll look into the Symantec stuff.

Thanks again!

Did you run memtest before you posted this thread? A 7 pass memtest run will take several hours.

Also minidumps can't be read without a debugger, not many of us care that much to download a debugger just to help others. A check and posting of what you see in your Event Viewer is almost always just as helpful and many more people are likely to try and help. And that is if you can't figure it out by yourself from the Event Viewer, many times its pretty clear what you should do.

I had ran mem diagnostics and hard drive diagnostics previously but after Route44's response I downloaded a new memtest from google and ran it (it took about 45 min) and all tests passed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back