BSOD help please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, i think ive tried everything and im not sure what to do next.
I didn't want to resort to asking for help as I usually like to research and fix my problems myself, but in this case I can't. It might be so simple I skipped over it, but I don't think so.

heres what's happening;
im getting absolutely random BSOD's. Like, seriously, absolutely random. I might be editing a word document, chatting online, watching videos in windows media player and bam.
It's been happening since day 1 I got this laptop which was only about a week ago and it's getting quite annoying
the error messages are event random I will attach dumps to this post.
I hope you can help me. Thanks so much. heres my system specs. sorry if it's too little/too much information. if you need anything else just ask. thank you very much.

Dell studio 1737

Manufacturer Dell Inc.
Model 0P786H
Version A04

North Bridge Intel PM45 Revision 07
South Bridge Intel 82801IM (ICH9-M) Revision 07

CPU Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU P8600 @ 2.40GHz
Cpu Socket Socket P (478)

System Slots 7 PCI
Maximum Capacity 4096 MBytes
Memory Slots 2

2x 2048MB Hyundai Electronics sticks, 400MHz speed

display adapter: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3650
display processor: ATI Radeon Graphics Processor (0x9591)

Your dumps point to driver and memory errors.
I would start with Memtest. Unless you start getting errors, let it run a minimum of 7 full passes (8 tests per pass). This will take some time.
See this thread... https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic62524.html

1. Are you overclocking? If so, this may be part of your issue.
2. If your memtest comes back with errors, rerun the test on one stick at a time to isolate which is bad.
3. If your memtest comes back without errors, you still MAY have faulty memory, though this is unusual.
4. You Might want to consider checking for VIrus and/or Malware. See ... https://www.techspot.com/community/topics/updated-4-step-viruses-spyware-malware-removal-preliminary-instructions.58138/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back