BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmcc

Hi,

So I've got the IRQL error on a laptop, I've had this error before on another computer and it is probably my least favourite of all the BSODs I've seen because it is so vague.

But I read the thread about what to do before uploading a minidump file, and I took its advice and looked through the Event Viewer (which I had never known about until know).

So, there were a couple of relatively trivial errors, with Google Update (fixed through event scheduler), a crypt32 error (fixed by manually installing a certificate), and some other errors to do with Liveupdate, atapi and DCOM which were still pretty vague, just timeout errors, so I left them be.

There were two other errors which are the most important which I need your help with.

There are 13 of these generic "system error" errors, the details as follow:
Code:
Error Properties:

Source: System Error
Category: (102)
Event ID: 1003

Description: Error code 1000000a, parameter1 ff1701f0, parameter2 00000002, parameter3 00000000, parameter4 804d9b64.

Then I found several dozen "disk" errors, which read:
Code:
The device, \Device\Harddisk0\D, has a bad block.

I've also added my minidump in case it reveals anything else.

So, my questions are: Is the disk error directly related to the system error? Is the system error the IRQL error? Is there a way to get the computer to ignore the bad block, set it aside and only use the good blocks for accessing files?

The computer is also extremely dusty, would it be worth opening it up and blowing away all the dust, if the problem is with the HDD?

Thanks in advance,
Tom.

Attachments

• minidump_irql.zip
    19.1 KB · Views: 0
"The computer is also extremely dusty, would it be worth opening it up and blowing away all the dust, if the problem is with the HDD?"...

Yes carefully clean out the computer. Make sure that all the fans are clean and running normally. Your errors are caused by the hard drive. It may have to be replaced

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back