BSoD on Windows 7

Hello,

I'm having a problem with my HP Compaq 6510b notebook -
it freezes and then I get the BSoD every 10-45 minutes.
All the drivers are installed directly from HP website on a
fresh installation of windows 7 ultimate.

I ran the latest memtest86+ V4.10 and there's seems to be no RAM problem.
I also used the HDD selfcheck of the BIOS and there's no problem there also.
I'm not really familiar with minidumps so I opened it and it said something about
not being able to open the ntkrnlpa.exe file. I looked it up and it seems like it's
a problem related to drivers/hardware,but I can't figure which driver/hardware it is.

Specs:
Intel Core 2 Duo T7250 2.00Ghz
4096 MB RAM
Intel 965GM Chipset
Windows 7 ultimate 32bit

If anyone can give me a hint on what's causing the problem I will
more then appreciate.

Thanks all.
Elad

Attachments

• 072610-33836-01.dmp
    142.1 KB · Views: 2
  • 072610-47970-01.dmp
    142.1 KB · Views: 1
  • 072710-26020-01.dmp
    142.1 KB · Views: 1
Ok so you have 3 files it looks like that are also causing the BSOD, they all happend at the same time.

Files are: ndis.sys (NIC drivers), halmacpi.dll (essential windows file, to do with hardware monitoring as well as power..http://dll.paretologic.com/detail.php/halmacpi) and lastly, iaStor.sys (a required DELL file to do with SATA it seems.. http://www.file.net/process/iastor.sys.html)

I know this advice gives no explanation on how to fix it, so far I have not come across anything as to how to fix it, other then possibly replacing both halmacpi and iastor, and reinstalling your NIC drivers. I would suggest a simple replacement out of the "dllcache" but I do not know where it is located on a W7 machine.

Hi,
Thanks for your reply.
For as much as I know, MS replaced the dllcache on windows vista/7 to a backup folder in the winsxs folder.
There's no problem replacing these files directly from the net, but I thinkt that the problem is with the iaStor.sys, which is a file used by Intel chipset to improve accessibility to the HDD, so maybe I need to reinstall the Intel Matrix Storage driver.
As to the halmacpi.dll - I still can't figure from your link what exactly it does, but I'll keep looking for it on google- but it sure looks like it causes some BSoDs all over the world.

Thanks for your response - i'll update if i'll have it fixed.
For any other thoughts, please keep posting.

Thanks,
Elad

No problem, sorry for not having any ideas to help fix, but thought I would share some insight on what each file is and what it does so others can see and narrow it dsown to help with a fix.

Back