BSOD, Page_fault_in_nonpaged_Area

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

Can someone please have a look at my minidumps and guide me in the right directions, Ive been reading about bsod all day and Im still lost. Ive done the ram memtest86+ - 7 passes no errors.

My friend's computer was blue screening 1 a month for a few years, now its doing it once a week so she ask me to have a look at it.

Most of the errors are
PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA Example
Bug Check String: 0x10000050
0xc213200c
0x00000001
0x8054bfd2
0x00000000

Caused by Driver ntoskrnl.exe
Caused by Address ntoskrnl.exe+74fd2

other error is bad_pool_caller...thank you very much

Attachments

• Minidump2.zip
    127.6 KB · Views: 2
First please give us complete specifications of the system in question.

While going through the minidumps I observed that she is running XP SP3, and this probably leads me to assume that this system is bit old. Anyway, I am unable to give you any definitive answer with regards to these dumps at the moment, because these are showing different reasons/errors.

My suspicion is there is an hardware issue, fourth dump pointed at ntfs.sys, which may mean that filre structure on this windows machine may be damaged. To fix that:

1. Go to start, then to programs and then to Accessories
2. Find 'command prompt' and right click on it, then choose to run it as 'Administrator'
3. Type Chkdsk /r and press enter.

Now it may tell you that chkdsk can't be run and it will schedule it for next reboot, reboot the system and let chkdsk run and see whether it finds some issues with hard disk/and or fix these.

Also you need to let memtest run preferably through the night, please note that at times even a bad ram may not be detected with it.

Lastly, when was the last time this system was cleaned out (there may be dust etc. accumulated on the components)? If it haven't been done in years, are you confident that you can do it yourself?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back