BSOD ruining life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ben_b

ok, so slighty exageration, but it is ruining COD2 life.

Spec as follows:

AMD 3000+ XP
ASUS A7N8X-E mobo
3 x 512mb DDR, 333mhz
Radeon 9800 Pro (128meg, powercolor)
350W psu
80gb SATA hd (samsung)
DVD/CD-RW
Aero7 cpu cooler
Win XP SP2
on board sound

Vid driver: ati2dvag - 6.14 (23/11/05)
Dx 9c

Issue:

At random periods during Multiplayer game play, COD2 will freeze and the PC will reboot. Half the time this is without warning, half the time i see the BSOD for a few seconds (although it has no information on it, just blue). This can happen after 2 minutes of game play, or not at all in 2 hours. I have a wireless network card in 1 PCI slot, but its nowhere near the AGP slot (I know IRQ issues have been had with my 9800).

There is no chance of anything overheating, its running at late 50's early 60's. My RAM has been solid, in no other program (be it game or otherwise) have i experienced this issue. In fact, the issue isnt even there in Single Player mode, its never happened.

I had a similar issue in COD1 that I could never figure out, forced me to quit the game. I put that issue to several boards, to activision and to powercolor and none could solve it.

I'm dead set in my mind its an issue with my video card. Tried just about every driver under the sun, to no avail.

see attached some minidumps from the last 3 days.

i plan to swop in and out all my RAM chips and test, but its gotta wait till the weekend.

Could someone read those dumps for me and pass a little advice?

Thanks!

Ben

Hello and swelcome to Techspot.

2 minidumps crash at your ATI video drivers. They have a bugcheck of 8E, and 50 respectively.

1 minidumps crashes at win32k.sys. It has a bugcheck of 50.

2 minidumps crash at portcls.sys, and references nvapu.sys Nvidia mobo driver. They have a bugcheck of 19.

This can be caused by either faulty ram, or faulty video card ram/video drivers. At the moment I favour faulty ram.

Update your video card drivers.

Update your mobo drivers.

0x0000008E: KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

A kernel mode program generated an exception which the error handler didn’t catch. These are nearly always hardware compatibility issues (which sometimes means a driver issue or a need for a BIOS upgrade).

0x00000050: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

Requested data was not in memory. An invalid system memory address was referenced. Defective memory (including main memory, L2 RAM cache, video RAM) or incompatible software (including remote control and antivirus software) might cause this Stop message, as may other hardware problems (e.g., incorrect SCSI termination or a flawed PCI card).

Go HERE and follow the instructions.

Please let us know the results.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

ok so i just updated my mobo drivers through the asus update utility and now i cant get windows to boot at all.

The computer will POST, but as soon as the "windows XP" black loading screen comes up, it restarts automatically - and then goes through the same loop.

Will not start in safe mode, will not revert to last known good config

little help?

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek!

Ben_b said:
ok so i just updated my mobo drivers through the asus update utility and now i cant get windows to boot at all.

The computer will POST, but as soon as the "windows XP" black loading screen comes up, it restarts automatically - and then goes through the same loop.

Will not start in safe mode, will not revert to last known good config

little help?

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek!

Oh dear. I`m sorry to hear that.

Try doing a Windows repair, as per this thread HERE

Regards Howard :cool:

ok so im going through the repair process and its loading up ok, but then it tells me i have no hard disk

slightly worrying

my first thought is that the BIOS update must of deleted by SATA drivers. But they load up fine, reporting back on the size of the HD etc. I can enter the RAID config utility - it finds no conflicts.

So question is, why on earth isnt windows seeing my hdd?

I`m sorry, but I don`t really know what the problem may be. Unless your hard drive has failed for some reason.

All I can suggest, is that you go HERE and checkout, and run one of the drive diagnostic utilities.

It might be worth starting a new thread for this problem.

Regards Howard :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back