BSOD... Tried Everything

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blue Screen of death appears randomly. Sometimes it happens three times in a row.. other times it happens only about once a week. Tried all kinds of diagnostics and checks... can't seem to figure it out. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Joe

All five of your minidump errors are 0x0A: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

These are typically caused by a bad driver, or faulty or incompatible hardware or software. Technically, this error condition means that a kernel-mode process or driver tried to access a memory location to which it did not have permission, or at a kernel Interrupt ReQuest Level (IRQL) that was too high.

The issue at this point is that all probable causes cited by your minidumps is that they are all Windows drivers which doesn't tell us a whole lot.

Please list all the various diagnostics and checks you have already done.

My error report contents shows the following:

C:\DOCUME~1\HP_ADM~1\LOCALS~1\TEMP\WERdece.dir00\Mini021608-01.dmp
C:\DOCUME~1\HP_ADM~1\LOCALS~1\TEMP\WERdece.dir00\sysdata.xml

How do I find out if this is a bad driver (and which one) or incompatible hardware or software (and what hardware or software)?

Thanks in advance.

Harry

phrgflyer, it would be best if you started your own thread and when you do attach your minidumps.

sorry for the late response

Thusfar, I have run the memtestx86 and windows disk check...both of which came up clean. I tried my hand at using the windbg.. but i cant understand what its trying to tell me. I'll attack two of the most recent dump files.

One minidump was too general to point to be definitive.

Do you have a Compaq? The other pointed to wlcom51b.sys which is an Agere Wireless Driver and Compaq installs this in their systems.

You need to go to Compaq's website and download and install their latest wireless drivers. Windows updates are something completely different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back