BSOD Vista Ultimate 64-bit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nxtar

Hello, as you could guess im having serious issues with BSOD and getting 20+ per day, most of them are MEMORY_MANAGEMENT and PFN_LIST_CORRUPT, to assist you better my specs are

CPU : AMD Athlon 64x2 Dual Core 4400+ 2.3ghz
MB : GA-MA785GM-US2H (Gigabyte)
RAM : 4GIG DDR2 800mhz Corsair (2x 2gig chips)
VC : Nvidia Geforce GT 240

I'm also running McAfee anti-virus
I have been having this issue for over a year, all stopped for a short time when I took my old video card out, former VC was a Zotac 8800gt AMP Edition

I attached the only mini dump files on the computer, I had to zip them due to each one being bigger then the upload limit.

Any help to solve these issues would be great
cheers
bj

Attachments

• mini dumps.zip
    137.6 KB · Views: 1
Bsod

hey again i just got a fresh BSOD the info was, this info is less then 5 mins old before posting this

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 3081

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 3b
BCP1: 00000000C0000005
BCP2: FFFFF9600009F4CF
BCP3: FFFFFA600D6DC170
BCP4: 0000000000000000
OS Version: 6_0_6001
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 256_1

i would attach the dump file but its 81kb too big to upload without zipping it

thanx again
bj

Both those errors are signs of corrupted memory and the PFN_LIST_CORRUPT is probably the strongest error code of all.

Therefore, run Memtest on your memory.

See the link below and follow the instructions. There is a newer version than what is listed; use the newer. If you need to see what the Memtest screen looks like go to reply #21. The third screen is the Memtest screen.

Step1 - Let it run for a LONG time. The rule is a minimum of 7 Passes; the more Passes after 7 so much the better. The only exception is if you start getting errors before 7 Passes then you can skip to Step 2.

There are 8 individual tests per Pass. Many people will start this test before going to bed and check it the next day.

If you have errors you have corrupted memory and it needs to be replaced.

Step 2 – Because of errors you need to run this test per stick of RAM. Take out one and run the test. Then take that one out and put the other in and run the test. If you start getting errors before 7 Passes you know that stick is corrupted and you don’t need to run the test any further on that stick.

Link: https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic62524.html

* Get back to us with the results.

well som good news and some bad, 1 stick of ram had 25 errors before the 2nd pass finished. I also ran the test on the other just in case and it had 0 errors after 10 passes running memtest+86 v4.0.

the good stick im using now and sofar nothing has gone wrong
cheers for the help. If anything else should go wrong i'll let ya know.

Good to hear that this was indeed the issue because corrrupted memory is one of the easiest to "fix."

If this is memory from a reputable source it ahould have a lifetime warrenty and the RMA process should be fine. If you purchased this memory as a set, the not so good news is that the manufacture will require that you RMA the entire set and not just the one bad stick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back