BSOD w/minidumps

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a new pc tech, and i have a user who has been having BSOD problems for several months. they generally occur in the early morning when he is not using his machine, and they happen once or twice a week. i tried to interpret his minidump files on my own, as well as looking at his event logs and mcafee logs. i noticed a correlation between mcafee and his crashes, as well as a mcafee file being noted in 2 of the minidumps. we upgraded his mcafee to a newer version and the system went longer than it has without a crash, but finally did today (he was actually working this time, just scrolling through some code).

what we have done so far:

chkdsk /f /r
memory test
removed expansion graphics card and reverted to the on-board graphics

here are 5 minidumps

can someone please help? I have been unable to solve the issue, and we are soon going to recommend a reformat and reinstall. the problem is he is a programmer with extensive setup time for his pc, and they do not want him to spend the time doing it if he doesn't have to. thanks in advance

system specs

What are the specs of this persons system?

OS
cpu
etc
etc...

Also did you have him completely remove mcafee and see if the problem stopped? Also you might try having him uninstall mcaffee completely then download Ccleaner and scan his pc and fix any problems then scan his registry and fix any problems.

http://www.ccleaner.com

I will continue looking for possible causes solutions while I await your reply.

XP SP2
dell dimension 5150
p4 3.2ghz
3gb ram

also....my network admin/security guy shut me down on uninstalling mcafee completely. he wanted to update from 8.0 to 8.5 first. he may let me now that the problem has persisted.

thanks for the input. i have been looking at stop code stuff for a while, but there seems to be a different one for each crash. i'm trying to find help with connecting the dots between the different crashes to see if they have the same cause

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back