BSOD when going into sleep mode

Thank you in advance for the help

the first two minidumps were when I got a BSOD while playing computer games (the second one I was playing scarcraft 2 for about an hour or 2). My computer would freeze, and the BSOD screen would come up, and my computer would shut down. I was unable to copy the error code in time. Since those 2 occasions though I have not had that happen again.

The last 3 dumps are from the last 2 days when I would try and put my computer into sleep mode. I had never attempted to do this until last night and as a result got these errors:

driver_irql_not_less_or_equal

stop: 0x000000D1

Ive done a RAM check with no errors, and I tried the pagefile tip as well, neither has corrected my problem

I am currently running Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
AMD Phenom II X4 945 Deneb 3.0GHz Socket AM3 95W Quad-Core Processor
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
ASUS M4A79XTD EVO AM3 AMD 790X ATX AMD Motherboard
EVGA Nvidia GTX 260 video card
And 3 Hard drives of various sizes, makes, and models
I dont remember what kind of power supply I have, I believe it is a thermaltake 750W

I have had the computer for a year before these problems started arising.

Any help is greatly appreciated, thank you.

Sincerely,
Mike

Attachments

• 012611-31403-01.zip
    28.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 020211-24632-01.zip
    28.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 030711-27752-01.zip
    28.6 KB · Views: 1
  • 030711-28470-01.zip
    29.7 KB · Views: 1
  • 030711-30654-01.zip
    31.4 KB · Views: 1
I have not had time to check the memory dumps but the most likely cause of the error you have described above is a bad device driver or faulty memory. Follow these two guides to isolate the problem.

For windows XP - Click on Start and then Run. Type verifier into the box and hit the Enter key.
For Vista and Windows 7 - Click on Start and type verifier into the search box then click on verifier in the list that pops up.

Driver Verifier Manager will open.

Select the first choice "Create Standard Settings" and click on the "Next" button.

Now select "Automatically select all drivers installed on this computer" and click on the "Finish" button.

A box will appear asking you to restart the PC for the changes to take effect. Click on "OK" and reboot the PC.

If the PC reboots normally then there is no problem with any of the drivers. If you get a blue screen straight away it will name the faulty driver. If you are absolutley certain that the named driver is OK then make a note of it.

You will then have to go back into the Verifier and instead of selecting all drivers select "Select drivers from a list". Click on "Next" and the list of drivers will appear. Select them all apart from the one you know to be OK. Click on "Finish" and reboot.

Once you have identified the faulty driver or confirmed that there are none go back to the first page of the Driver Verifier Manager and select "Delete Existing Settings" and click on "Finish"

Power off the PC and remove the mains connection, always touch the metal of the case with your hands to avoid any static electricity from causing component damage. (On laptops ALWAYS remove the battery before removing or replacing memory modules). Remove all your memory modules. Clean the contacts with a soft rubber (up and down not from end to end) then insert just one module and reboot to test for any change in performance. Repeat this for every module one at a time. Obviously if you only have one module this cannot be done, but you should still remove and clean the module and reseat it and test.

If you only have one stick download this to test it. http://www.memtest.org/

You need to scroll down the page until you see the three blue screenshots. Just below is the list of downloads for Memtest86+ V4.10. Click on Download - Pre-Compiled Bootable ISO (.zip)and save to your desktop, When the download is complete right click the file and select Extract Here and burn the image to a CD. In windows 7 right click the extracted file, select Open With, then select Windows Disc Image Burning Tool then follow the prompts. For all other versions of windows (if you do not have an ISO burner) download this free software. http://www.isoimageburner.com/

Boot the PC into the Bios setup and set the CD/DVD drive to 1st in the boot sequence. Insert the disk in the drive then reboot and the disc will load into dos. Leave the test to run through at least 5 cycles.

The memtest will not be 100% accurate but should easily detect any major faults.

Blue Screen after Verify

I did what you instructed, and completed a verify check on my computer, and it immediately Blue Screened on start-up saying that a device driver was attempting to corrupt the system.The stop code is:

STOP: 0x000000C4

and under that it says

RTCore64.sys

Now when I attempt to start up windows normally that BSOD keeps coming up, so I am currently having to boot up in safe mode. I'm unsure what to do at this point, but I will attempt to post my latest dumps and hopefully you can further assist me. If you would like a picture of the blue screen I have that a well. Let me know if anything else is needed. Thank you

Attachments

• 030711-37767-01.zip
    27 KB · Views: 1
  • 030711-39265-01.zip
    27 KB · Views: 1
  • 030711-37331-01.zip
    26.7 KB · Views: 1
  • 030711-36426-01.zip
    25 KB · Views: 2
Removed RTCore64.sys, still getting BSOD

I was able to locate and remove the RTCore64.sys, it was installed because of a program called EVGA Precision which controlls the fan speed of the GPU. After uninstalling the program, I restarted and got another BSOD with:

Stop 0x000000C4

ASACPI.sys.

After some research it seems to be some interface with the ASUS motherboard. I dont know how/if to remove or update it. Once again here is my dump file. Thanks again.

Attachments

• 030711-38485-01.zip
    28.2 KB · Views: 1
Fltmgr.sys BSOD driver error

Sorry for the frequent updates, im just trying to figure this thing out.

Well I updated the ASACPI.sys driver, and that error went away, windows booted up normally, but ran very slow, and the graphics seemed off. I went to right click on the screen and immediately got the previous error of:

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

STOP: 0X000000D1

Fltmgr.sys

This seems to have been the same error I was getting when trying to go into sleep mode, although I just looked at the pictures again and saw that the Fltmgr.sys was there then as well but I didnt report it.

I'm going to see what else I can do, in the meantime here is my dump, and hopefully we can figure this out. Thanks again.

UPDATE

I did a system restore point to about 4 days ago and it seems to be working fine now. I was able to boot up normally, and the graphics problem is gone. I was also able to go in and out of sleep mode without an issue once, but when I tried it again it gave me the same error as above. I'm not sure if you can take a look at my dump files to see if I overlooked something, I would appreciate it. Thanks for your help.

Attachments

• 030711-40029-01.zip
    28.6 KB · Views: 2
  • 030711-28704-01.zip
    29.3 KB · Views: 2
Doing a system restore will not have helped as that will have reversed the driver removal and the update you did. It will most probably have reset driver verifier so it is now giving the impression that it has improved.

I have just done one of the logs. It names stflt.sys which comes from Spyware Terminator. Uninstall the program and you may find that is the end of the problem. If there is an uninstall tool available on the manufacturers site please use it.

UPDATE.
I have just examined a few more dump files and the three I checked all named a driver from Spyware Terminator. I think I can see what the problem is from the dump file as it would appear you installed Avast anti virus on 13th January. If you are running both of these anti virus programs side by side that will be the cause of the crashes. Very few anti virus programs are compatible with each other. You must completely uninstall one of them. As Avast is the most recent I would remove that one, use this uninstall tool:

http://www.avast.com/uninstall-utility

I doubt very much that the driver RTcore64 or Ascapi have any issues.

Back