Bsod with new PC running Windows 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

cozzy

Right, I just bought hardware off Novatech and built my own PC to run on Windows 7.

Here is the spec:

INTEL CORE I7 920 "D0 STEPPING" 2.66GHZ (NEHALEM) (SOCKET LGA1366) - RETAIL
GIGABYTE EX58-UD3R INTEL X58 (SOCKET 1366) PCI-EXPRESS DDR3 MOTHERBOARD
PATRIOT VIPER 6GB (3X2GB) DDR3 PC3-12800C8 1600MHZ TRIPLE CHANNEL KIT
OCZ STEALTHXSTREAM 600W SILENT SLI READY ATX2 POWER SUPPLY
SONY BDU-X10S 2X INTERNAL BD-ROM BLU-RAY/DVD READER SATA - RETAIL
HIS ATI RADEON HD 4770 512MB GDDR5 TV-OUT/DUAL DVI HDMI PCI-EXPRESS - RETAIL
COOLERMASTER STORM SCOUT GAMING CASE - BLACK (NO PSU) 1
SAMSUNG SPIN POINT F1 SATAII 1TB 32MB CACHE HARD DRIVE <8.9MS 7200RPM - OEM

Anyway, got Windows 7 Installed and all seemed ok, until I got first bsod. This happed a few times, after which I did a new install. Happened again, so I put Windows XP on another drive and ran off that drive. Everything seemed fine until Bsod appeared, therefore I thought it might be a dodgey hardware.

So i went back to Windows 7 and restored to original install without the ATI driver which I thought might be the problem, Worked ok for a night but blue screen on startup next day with Stop 0x0000000A or IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL appearing.

After which i ran memtest+ for 2 tests, which it passeed. Altho after i post this, i am gonna run it for at least 7 to 9 to make sure.

Anyway, long story short, it went blue screen again when installing firefox. The build is Windows 7 7100.

After blue screen it said this:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7100.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 2057

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 3b
BCP1: 00000000C0000005
BCP2: FFFFF80002AE422B
BCP3: FFFFF8800678A710
BCP4: 0000000000000000
OS Version: 6_1_7100
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\060309-19203-01.dmp
C:\Users\Cozzy\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-1029559-0.sysdata.xml

So I think it may be the graphics card, but not entiely sure, hence why im in here asking you guys. I hope ive supplied enough information.

Ive had to zip the dmp files cos they are too big to upload. Also I cant seem to find the C:\Users\Cozzy\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-1029559-0.sysdata.xml (It was there earlier but not anymore)

Hope you can help...

Your first error is 0x3B: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code.

Nothing definitive was cited as to the cause other than a Windows driver and they are mostly too general in these reads to give us much to go on.

However, your suspicions about your video card may be correct in that this error has been linked to excessive paged pool usage and may occur due to user-mode graphics drivers crossing over and passing bad data to the kernel code.

Your second error is 0x50: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
Requested data was not in memory. An invalid system memory address was referenced. Defective memory (including main memory, L2 RAM cache, video RAM) or incompatible software (including remote control and antivirus software) might cause this Stop message, as may other hardware problems (e.g., incorrect SCSI termination or a flawed PCI card).

The dump stated that Windows could not read the defaulting driver.

The stop error 0xA that you mention is either caused by hardware or by drivers attempting an IRQ Level that they shouldn't.

* So, update your video card drivers to see if that helps.

* Also, with the various errors you have received it is a good idea to go ahead and scan with Memtest as you plan to and more than 7 Passes is good. We have seen a number of people having issues with memory not due to corruption but to voltage settings and configuration.

Thanks for the quick reply. Am going to run the metest overnight, that shud give it enough goes. As for updating the graphics drivers Ive tried a few already on the ATI site for Windows 7 for the radeon hd 4770. But will give it a go anyway.

Cud it be that the card is faulty and not the drivers?? (just thinking this as i got blue screen on Xp as well, it wud be using different drivers)

When you updated the drivers did you use a free utility like Driver Cleaner Pro or Driver Sweeper (both have free versions) to make sure all previous drivers were fully uninstalled?

If you haven't do these steps:

1. Download Driver Cleaner Pro (or Driver Sweeper) to your desktop screen and install.

2. Download the latest diver(s) for your video card but don't install them.

3. Uninstall your video card drivers and reboot your PC into Safe Mode. Run Driver Cleaner Pro. If it doesn't find any video card drivers that is quite okay.

4. Reboot and install new video card drivers.

Ok, so I left the memtest+ running overnight and it passed 13 times with no fails, so i think its pretty much safe to say that the problem isn't with the DDRIII RAM. I have unistalled AVG in case it is that which is causing the problems.

What else could it be apart from the graphics card? Altho surely XP wouldnt have went to blue screen if it was the drivers fault as XP and Windows 7 wud be using different drivers for the graphics card?? Does this mean that it is faulty, or cud it be a problem with the onboard sound and its drivers?

We have seen a number of people have issues with AVG. Note again the definition of the 0x50 error in that antivirus software can be a cause. Did you use their removal tool to make sure your system was free of any AVG driver?

Let's see if uninstalling AVG brings stability.

Right, i took AVG off and everything looked to be running fine, no blue screen in 2 days. So i decided to install the windows 7 ATI graphics drivers yesterday and all seemed fine yet again. I still had the onboard sound disabled just in case.

So with everything looking good I decided to connect the terabyte hard drive in addition to my first hadrive, which was already in the case just not attached. I formatted the drive and partitioned it. Then, 20mins later when downloading using Vuze (whch i had used the other night with nor problems) blue screen !!!

I'm starting to lose all hope in finding out what the problem is, can someone please help?

Would it be adding the terrabyte hard drive??

I am including the dump file in zipped format as its too big normal.

Ok so it did another blue screen a few minutes later, after i had disconnected the terrabyte harddrive (just in case). This time it blue screened when i was doing a performance test on the system.

And this time it said MEMORY MANAGEMENT at the top. Which was different than before and 000 .. 1A at bottom. sorry i cudnt be more specific but i didnt get much time to see it.

Am including another dump file zipped. So has blue screen twice within 30 minutes.

Please someone shed some ligt on this. Ive spent a good bit of money on this computer and its not useable.

Thanks

Another 0x1A and another 0x50 but, again, nothing specific. You could try various memory configurations, i.e., 2 and 4 gigs.

Also, if you know how, access your BIOS and compare the voltage setting on your RAM and compare it to the voltage Patriot has designed your memory for. Do they match?

Right. I decided to do a new windows install on the terabyte harddrive. But when it was starting to boot the disc - blue screen!

Page fault in nonpaged area

Stp: 0x00000050

Surely it has to be a fault in the hardware. But what?? I'm at a complete loss.

Memory issues can cause your issue. 0x50 can be caused by bad RAM (though there are also other causes). Did you look into your BIOS settings and voltage for RAM?

I have been trying to get the BSOD problems solved for over a week now. Can anyone shed some new light?

I have done memtest+ 13 passes. But did the memory check thru windows and there was a fault it said, so I had each one of thr ddr3 modules in 1 at a time and did the same test and they all passed ok. Then i tried all 3 together again and it said it passed ok!!

Turned it on again and blue screen yet again, saying MEMORY MANAGEMENT. Then when it booted up after that and was trying to solve problem, blue screen again, this time page none page error.

I have now removed 3 modules and only have the 1 in to see how that goes.

I dont mean to sound desperate, but its got to that stage. Brand new computer, Please somebody help.

One error was another 0x1A Memory Management and it only cited a Windows driver.

The other, however, was 0x50: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
Requested data was not in memory. An invalid system memory address was referenced. Defective memory (including main memory, L2 RAM cache, video RAM) or incompatible software (including remote control and antivirus software) might cause this Stop message, as may other hardware problems (e.g., incorrect SCSI termination or a flawed PCI card).

In this case in became specifice citing the driver klif.sys which belongs to Kaspersky Antivirus and their Security Suit. This driver has also been packaged with PC Tools antivirus and ZA Security Suit.

We have seen many, many people here have issues with this driver. I suggest going to Kaspersky's forums and find how they resolved this issue with their driver which is a very -- unfortunantly -- common problem.

Thanks for the info mate. Appreciate it. Is there any antivirus software that wont cause a problem? Or do you think its a hardware issue that is making the antivirus software have problems.

I had AVG on, then removed it, then seen that Kaspersky had a Windows 7 version, hence why i used it. Dont really want to run it without antivirus.

Starting to think its either the Graphics card, motherboard or processor. Cos i've tested the RAM enough. Will try to get the graphics card replaced I think.

Well here is the thing about AVG. Even if you uninstall it you still need to use their Removal Tool designed by AVG to make sure their software is fully removed from your system. If you haven't done this yet I suggest you do so by visiting their website and using it. If there are any AVG drivers on your system now they will certainly interfer with Kaspersky.

Kaspersky has great protection rate and they update more often than anyone else throughout the day. I would first visit their forums or contact their tech support and tell them that you had a crash, the minidump file was read, and that the driver for the cause was specifically klif.sys It may be a simple thing to rectify and then I would see if you get any more BSODs.

As for other antivirus there is NOD32 which I run. Their 3.0 version is mature and that is the one I would install at the moment rather than their 4.0 which still has some work needing to be done. This is a paid antivirus.

Avast 4.8 and Avira Antivir both have excellent free versions. And they also have $ versions as well. I know several on this forum alone that run both and love the free offerings. I myself run the free Avast 4.8 in conjunction with the free SuperAntiSpyware offering on our second family PC and my laptop and I love the protection. Throw in the newest free version of Online Armor firewall and it makes for tremendous layered security.

I never heard of hardware itself interferring withan antivirus software but this is the PC world. Anything is poassible.

cozzy, you have a great system. I hope we or someone else can figure it out for you. Here is an idea, try running with just 4 gigs and then 2. It may be the 3x2 configuration giving you the problem. Check into the Kasp[ersky issue though along with utilizing the AVG removal toiol.

Ok, so I did a fresh install and change graphics card as I thought that might be the problem. Everything was running fine for 2 days, but got blue screen when itunes was converting music.

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x000000c5 (0xfffffa80258c1218, 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000, 0xfffff80002b9e4cc)

was the error report, i have attached the dump file in zip format.

Was really thinking that it was the graphics card that was casuing all the previous dumps but now im not so sure. Anyone got any ideas??

What brand of memory are you using , altho you might be passing memtest , it still may be related to using cheap memory. i had similar issues on a pc i built with cheap memory . Replaced with good namebrand memory and all bluescreens and crashes stopped

cozzy, your error is 0xC5 and these are almost always caused by drivers corrupting the system pool. The driver cited is eamon.sys and this belongs to your ESET NOD32 antivirus (I personally run the 2.7 version and love it).

Except for working out the kinks with their most recent 4.0 version both 2.7 and 3.0 are very stable. However, there has been issues with eamon.sys and Vista 64 which if I read the minidump correctly you are running a 64-bit version.

Here is a link from the Wilders Security Forums which are the official ESET forums.
It has to do with this driver and Vista 64. Their forums are very active and very helpful. I suggest doing a search.

Link: http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=224886

Cheers, altho I have now tried like 3 or 4 different anti virus and this one seemed to be working well. I'm pretty sure its a hardwre fault, with the ram or a slot not working or something, cos nothing i have done seems to fix the problem.

I think tho, these recent blue screens only started to occure when i started to add more partitions on the hard drive. With the last blue screen saying ntfs.sys error. So it could be something to do with that maybe. Thinking of sending all the components back at this stage, cos nothing seems to be working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back