Bugcheck : 0x1000000a error

Status
Not open for further replies.
i all,

I've been having quite a problem with my computer rebooting. It doesn't reboot often, but at least once a week. I've attached a some dump files for anyone who knows how to read these. Can someone please look into helping me find what's wrong?

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x1000000a (0xf7b8211c, 0x000000ff, 0x00000001, 0x805469e9). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini021009-01.dmp.

OS Name: Microsoft Windows XP Professional
OS Version: 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 Build 2600
OS Manufacturer: Microsoft Corporation
OS Configuration: Member Workstation
OS Build Type: Multiprocessor Free
Original Install Date: 21.3.2008, 14:29:06
System Up Time: 0 Days, 1 Hours, 38 Minutes, 24 Seconds
System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
System Model: OptiPlex GX620
System type: X86-based PC
Processor(s): 1 Processor(s) Installed.
[01]: x86 Family 15 Model 4 Stepping 3 GenuineIntel ~3192 Mhz
BIOS Version: DELL - 7
Windows Directory: C:\WINDOWS
System Directory: C:\WINDOWS\system32
Boot Device: \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Input Locale: N/A
Total Physical Memory: 1.022 MB
Available Physical Memory: 406 MB
Virtual Memory: Max Size: 2.048 MB
Virtual Memory: Available: 2.008 MB
Virtual Memory: In Use: 40 MB
Page File Location(s): C:\pagefile.sys
Hotfix(s): 94 Hotfix(s) Installed.
NetWork Card(s): 1 NIC(s) Installed.
[01]: Broadcom NetXtreme 57xx Gigabit Controller
Connection Name: Local Area Connection
DHCP Enabled: No
IP address(es)
[01]: 84.255.229.32

Bug checks 0xA are strong indications of hardware issues though they can also be caused by drivers attemting to access an IRQ Level that they shouldn't. The problem with your dump is that it cited a core Windows driver and they are usually too general to help.

We need more information. Besides the minidump you've already posted please give us your five most recent. You can Zip five together. Please don't Zip each and every one. :D

Rebooting can be caused by several things such as heat or bad RAM. There are other causes. You could check you memory by doing the following:

1. Go to www.memtest.org and download the latest ISO version. It is free and perfectly safe.

2. Burn to a CD.

3. Place CD in your drive and reboot with CD in drive. The test will take over.

4. Let it run for a LONG time. The rule is a minimum of 7 Passes. There are 8 individual tests per Pass. Many people will start this test before going to bed and check it the next day.

5. If you have errors you have corrupted memory and it needs to be replaced.

6. Also, with errors you need to run this test per stick of RAM. Take out one and run the test. Then take that one out and put the other in and run the test. If you start getting errors before 7 Passes you know that stick is corrupted and you don’t need to run the test any further on that stick.

Rencet minidumps

Thank you for your answer.
I run memtest86+ and let it run for all night. It did 44 passes without errors.

I attached another 6 recent minidumps.

Regards, Pero2009

Okay, all were, again, the same 0xA error and all pointed to the core Windows driver ntkrpamp.exe which is too general to be of much help.

So...

1. Run a virus scan. By the way, what antivirus, firewall, anti-spyware software are you running?

2. Run ChkDsk.

3. Run a full harddrive diagnostics by using the free utility your harddrive manufacturer provides from their website.

4. Check to make sure your video card and memory sticks are ssecuring set.

* Get back to use with the results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back