Bugcheck 0x1000008e

Status
Not open for further replies.

ObieOnce

Just reinstalled the system and can't figure out whats causing these crashes. I've done debuging in the past but its been a long time (5+ years) and I can't totally remember how to do it right so any help would be appriciated. Also if anybody has a link to a good tutorial it would help alot to just remember the basics.

Thanks for taking a look.

So I'm about at my wits end with this problem (hell maybe its more than just one problem... I dunno.) Over the past week or so my computer has been having random crashes and application hangs, sometimes allowing me to exit the application other times requiring a full restart. It happens most often when the computer is under stress from something such as gaming, compiling or compression/extraction; however it also will happen under standard circumstances, just less often. For instance, playing a higher graphic requirement game (which has worked on the computer before) will normally last between 3 and 10 minutes and freeze due to different errors (sometimes a BSoD, sometimes a .exe error of some kind, sometimes nothing apparent) when the machine is just running it can last as long as 30 hours with out freezing.

That said I've done everything I can think of to fix the problems. Ive checked every driver I can think of (mobo, audio, video, mouse/keyboard, monitor) reinstalled Windows 3 times with verified working copies, multiple virus scans, RAM tests (both RAM and video RAM), burn in tests, everything came back clean. Ive run debugs of the savedumps but they all seem to be random to me, sometimes its a display driver, sometimes its a system driver, seems random.

Computer is:
Athlon 64 3700+
ASUS A8N mobo
Nvidia 7800 GT
2 GB OCZ Gold RAM
3 SATA WD 250GB HD
1 PATA 180GB HD
SoundBlaster Audigy 4

Put in the 2nd GB of RAM about a month and a half ago and had no problems with it.

Anybody have any suggestions?

Couple of the most recent savedumps.

View attachment 10327

View attachment 10328

View attachment 10329

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

I have merged your new thread in to your exisiting one.

1 minidump crashes at NVENETFD.sys. This is one of your Nvidia mobo drivers(possibly the lan driver) and is a known issue.

2 minidumps crash at win32k.sys. This is the Windows Multi-User Win32 Driver.

1 minidump crashes at nv4_disp.dll. This is your Nvidia video card driver.

1 minidump crashes at usbohci.sys. This is the Windows OHCI USB Miniport Driver.

Start by updating your mobo and video card drivers and see if that helps.

If not, go HERE and follow the instructions.

Take a look at this short tutorial on how to read minidumps.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Thanks for merging them, kinda spaced out on that older thread.

All the dumps seem to be kinda random to me, but I have updated every driver that I've got. As well everything listed in that thread I've already done.

Any other thoughts? Really appreciate your help.

It`s probably time to disconnect anything not required to run your system and see if that helps. Just leave 1 stick of ram/1 hdd/graphics card/mobo/cpu/psu. Disconnect all usb devices except for mouse and keyboard.

You should also check that your psu is putting out enough power for your system. Check to see how many amps it puts out on the 12volt rail. You`ll find that info on the psu label.

Regards Howard :)

My 12 volt rail runs at 17 amps, 19 amps and .03 amps for +12v1 +12v2 and -12v, respectively.

I'm currently trying running the computer under stress with minimum hardware installed, I'll let you know what I find out.

So I disconnected everything and ran the computer at the bare minimum and still no change. I tried several different RAM configurations and no luck.

Any other ideas?

Providing the ram and psu are good and nothing is overheating, I`m guessing it could be a possible mobo problem!

Like you said, you`ve tried everything you can think of, what`s left?

Regards Howard :(

So I've basicly given up, I've tested every component in other computers and no single thing is causing the issues. I stripped down the computer and it seemed to work for a decent period of time so I started slowly adding components back and I got bluescreens and errors again, so I removed the last added in component (a 2nd hard drive), rebooted and kept getting errors that wouldnt go away until the system was stripped all the way down again!!

Anyhow now the computer is totally unusable so I used a PE disk and backed up everything I could to an external hard drive. Now I'm trying to completely whipe all the drives and reinstall in another effort at a fix. After re-partitioning all the drives (2 SATA drives in a RAID 0, 1 SATA by itself and one PATA by itself) I'm now trying to reinstall windows but as soon as setup tries to start windows I get the error:

0x0000007b (0xf78d2524, 0xc0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

I'm about to just give up and go buy a new mobo to test it out...

Oh one other thing for you to laugh about, so far I've had a total of 9 people look at this thing: 3 PC technicians, 2 network admins, 2 computer science majors and 2 microcomputer technology majors + myself a A+/Net+ certified tech. I swear the problems change every time we look at it.

Tried a new mobo, no luck; although the mobo was crap so I'm going to test with another just to make sure.

I`m really sorry you`re still having problems. If a new mobo doesn`t sort it out, then maybe the cpu`s L2cache ram is bad?

Regards Howard :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back