Bulk deal on computers for LAN center

Status
Not open for further replies.

TimeParadoX

I'm going to open a LAN center soon, and I'm wondering if there is a way to purchase 15-20 computers (I want to buy the parts so I put them together myself, I don't want prebuilt) in a bulk package so it doesn't cost $7500-9000.

I think I've read somewhere that TigerDirect can do bulk deals like that, but I don't know how to go about doing something like that. Could anyone lend a helping hand for this? Thanks for any advice given. :)

You have a budget around 5k then? With that many pc's i cant imagine spending less than 7. Maybe you could do some barebone kits and upgrade the video cards, that should be too hard

You have a budget around 5k then? With that many pc's i cant imagine spending less than 7. Maybe you could do some barebone kits and upgrade the video cards, that should be too hard

I don't have a budget, I just want to try and get at least 15-20 computers without spending a gross amount if possible, because I have plans on getting a console room with a few Xbox 360s and a projection screen for when we have tournaments. I also need a name for the center, and a way to control the accounts so people won't be able to stay on my computers all day.

I'm currently looking at such software called "LAN control", which will allow me to control each computer and have pay-per-hour balances on their account so they can't hog all of my computers. :)

Restrict CD drives, usb ports, browsing, cmd, and autoruns. Those are easy ways to get past stuff like this, physicly being able to see the computer screens is an easy way to counter people intent on not paying, discreetly of course :).

paying for each hour attempted at hacking is one thing, being at school with nothing better to do is another...

Restrict CD drives, usb ports, browsing, cmd, and autoruns. Those are easy ways to get past stuff like this, physicly being able to see the computer screens is an easy way to counter people intent on not paying, discreetly of course :).

Yeah, I was planning on doing that from the beginning. :)

I need a way to monitor game time though, I'm going to charge per hour (which is why the account would be better, since you can add a "Balance" to it and not have them go to the counter every hour to pay).

* Weekdays (MON-THU 10 AM to midnight): $15.00
* Friday (10 AM to 2AM): $20.00
* Saturday (10 AM to 2AM): $25.00
* Sunday (10AM to midnight): $20.00

* $2.50/hr before 5PM
* $3.50/hr from 5PM until close

* 100 hours for 200$
* 60 hours for 100$
* 20 hours for 60$
* 10$ for 3 hours at all times!

Or just $10.00 to bring your own computer.

I was wondering if I could have World of Warcraft installed on the computers as well as the "STEAM Cyber Cafe" deal, I don't know if I have to pay royalties or anything like that for WoW and other games I might have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back