Burning Windows 7 Pro ISO

Hello,

I am trying to burn a Windows 7 Pro ISO to a 4.7GB Memorex DVD-R. When I right click "Burn Image to Disc" it comes up with an error shown below:

"The recordable disc isn't compatible with your CD or DVD burner. Insert a different type of recordable disc, an then try again."

Is there any other alternatives in making this work? I want to be able to burn it to the disc because I hate having to keep using VirtualClone Drive to mount the ISO and boot the installation from there.

This would be much appreciated for the help.

Thanks,
Tyler

Can you usually burn DVD's? Or CD's? (ie. do you have a CD burner optical drive, or is it a DVD RW?)
If all ok there, you need to use DVD+R discs, as some makes of drive just don't work with certain types of discs. ( The - or + part can make a difference to some brands of drives.)

@nismo91 - I'm going to give that a try now.

@mike1959 - I am able to burn songs onto CD-R's. But for some reason I can't burn the ISO to a DVD-R. I tried a different computer that says "CD-Writer / DVD-ROM Combo" on the from of the disc tray but when I try it via ImgBurn, it says that the trey is closed or something like that.

Yes that's the problem. A CD-RW/DVD combo drive will read AND write (burn) data to CD, and will read data from DVD's, but won't write data to DVD's.
I had one like that a few years ago, but the only way you will burn data to DVD, is to buy a new CD/DVD RW internal (or external USB) optical drive.
It's easy to swap for the one you have now, they are a standard size, and are not expensive now, have a look at this page;
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-SH-.../dp/B002YXVX7U/ref=dp_cp_ob_computers_title_0
But there are many you could choose from, price about £12 ($18).
It would take about 15 mins to replace it, just look at the connections at the back first, or take a photo, but you can't get it wrong.
You most likely won't need any drivers either, Windows has all it needs built-in.

I'm afraid it's not possible to upgrade the drive in that way.
The CD/DVD combo types of drives were only fitted into pc's for a few years, then all became DVD RW, and cost no more. (Now £12 / $18, a bargain).
You will find there are many advantages in buying a new optical drive now, they are very much better in terms of speed, reliability and options.
If you don't fancy taking your pc apart, you can buy one that plugs into 2 USB sockets, (needs extra current), and they work very well, but are limited to x8 speed, and are more expensive, £33 ish ($40).
I have this one;
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-SE-S084C-External-Writer-Slimline/dp/B002GNTDFM
You can easily fit an internal one yourself in 15mins flat, it's a good upgrade, and as a bonus you may find you get some Burning software included, I got 'Nero Home Essentials SE', (But my choice software for burning CD/DVD's is 'Trueburner'~ it's free and works.)

Burning Windows 7 ISO

Did you try downloading into UTorrent and then copying the image? You need to use a disc burning software other than Windows Disc Burner.

Memorex DVD

If you can burn other files to one of the Memorex DVDs with the same machine - then the issue will be with the ISO itself, however you imply that the problem is with the drive.

The options exist here
1) your CD/DVD drive does not write to DVDs but reads from them but reads and writes to CDs
2) The DVD is the wrong format for the DVD writer e.g DVR+R instead of DVD-R

3) The DVD is more modern than the DVD writer and thus the firmware is unable to work with the DVD - in this case you may be able to upgrade the firmware

4) Try the image with a different DVD writer ..

Iso file burning

Windows 7 have great build in iso burning software! Here you can find how to burn fixmywin.com/burn-windows-7-iso-file-image in windows!

Back