Buttons on laptop keyboard not working!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, I use a Toshiba Satellite A100 Laptop. A few hours ago I was pulling something out from under the spacebar button, and now the X, C, V, M and quotation buttons won't work! Sometimes if I push the spacebar on the side, it'll do something like this: mFDA"

I tried resetting the laptop but no dice. Does anyone know what might be causing this problem, and is it fixable without having to bring it in/replace the keyboard? I tried looking on the internet and some sites vaguely said something about loose wires, but I'm not sure.

Please help me out!

Assuming that you didn't pry the keys themselves loose, yes it could be loose wires. Open up the thing and see.

Sorry, can't "help you out" unles you bring the laptop here :p

But is it safe to open up your laptop on your own? All you need is a screwdriver right? (If I sound like a total hardware dummy...it's because I am :p)

One last question - I can't find any guides for disassembling my specific computer model online. Will a guide for a similar model be sufficient?

If you have a look at the keyboard in the attachment you see what you need to do. there are only two scews you need to touch. remove the cover above the keyboard and be careful with the cable that connects the keyboard with the mobo.

hope this helps, mscrx

Attachments

• a100keyb.jpg
    a100keyb.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 35
The real problem is hardware issue

If you look inside the keyboard you will see 3 thin sheets of plastic.

On one of these sheet, most likly at the edge, you may find a line that looks "erased" this line should connect to the keys that aren't working.

You would have to find a way to rewrite this line. Any one know how to do this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back