Buzzing with sony surround sound~!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Midgetmax

hello, i have an onboard sound card with 5.1 surround cappabilitty, but everytime i plug it in, i get a buzzing noise that is really annoying. i havent really tryed much to fix it because i have no idea how, i have tryeed messing with e configuration in the control panel, but nothing, please help.

--------------------
i have an AMD 3200 Athalon XP
2.2 GHz
512 mb ram
Windows XP Home
--------------------
My sound card is a Realtek AC 97 for VIA (R) Audio controller
Legancy Audio Drivers

ok.. i;ll start with the most obvious questions first off (as always..:))
1. how is your audio set up -> speakers, plugs, devices, settings in windows, programs used etc...
2. the buzzing would be from a grounding/connection/cable problem. check with another device (eg conect the speakers or that cable to an ipod or something, see if you still get the buzz). check all power leads on properly as well
3. update to recent drivers on anything related to media and music as well as onboard motherboard-related stuff
4. set auto-jack sensing off (if you have that), switch to normal 2/stereo channel and plug it in to your headphones/line out port (usualy green)

well now its a day later, and its not makeing that buzzing IM SO CONFUSED!!
i am thinking its someting like how u put a sub next to your tv, the magnets get screwed up.....same conset, different devices? i duno, but its working now, so if the problem arises again, i will post again........

well thats electronics for you..... :D

most likely you moved something or the weather/outside conditions changed.. it happens.. and i'm glad its solved :)

N30

EMI most likely. Keep the cable away from noisy devices(anything with a magnet or fan) should help. Alternative is by cables with better shielding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back