Call of Duty: modern warfare 2 for PC or PS3

Status
Not open for further replies.

joedog

I want to buy Call of duty: modern warfare 2 when it comes out but i am not sure whether to get it on ps3 or pc. I have 1-3 on PC and 4-5 on ps3... and they are both great!

Should i buy the playstation game or computer?

It depends whether you like the console feel of a FPS rather then an actual keyboard and mouse.

I personally prefer the computer for FPS, but that's just me. I find I have more control over what I'm doing = less stress and foul language :p

is your t.v bigger than your monitor ,bigger the better , personally I grew up with playing coin-op's with joysticks ,

I have a massive TV but i have the two previous games on the ps3. I also just purchased a new PC so it should be up to scratch to play it.

The main reason i play COD is for the online, does anyone know if the servers are different?

I don't think that matters much , maybe I'm wrong correct me if I am but surely you have enough personal experience online with the COD series on both pc and ps3 to presume which will be best ,no? but jesus if you got a massive t.v [especially if its HD] surely you would feel much more immersed in the whole gaming experience

I never played the computer COD online so i am not sure...

Well everyone is saying go for the ps3 so i might just go with that again. I just hope it doesnt feel repetitive.

But if someone actually owns 4 or 5 on PC, can you please reply and tell me if it has a online browser or does it automaticaly direct you to a game like ps3.

Thanks alot everyone, cya

Get it on PS3.

I really don't think that your computer has a blu-ray drive and a 9-core processor....

Unless your computer monitor is better than your TV, then I would say go for the PC version, but the console version's end up being more popular.

I personally prefer the computer for FPS, but that's just me. I find I have more control over what I'm doing = less stress and foul language :p
Mouse > Joystick, similarly, Computer > Console.
No massive debates over this, its just a fact and also happens to be my opinion :).

lol hk, if you're an online player, you should definately opt for the pc, 20x more people to play with. Including me.

i vote for PC version.

been playing with cod 4 and 5 on pc. cant imagine how it was if i were to use a joypad...

I would go for the pc version, Again...Only for the keyboard and mouse control though...

Soooo much better for fps games :)

Will modern warfare 2 on pc be a live game? I hate the fact there are no live cod games out there.

:mad:

Depends on the content really and what you prefer. I have CoD4 on PC but I bought WaW on PS3 because of the multiplayer components included in WaW. I prefer to play games locally with freinds so the idea of playing splitscreen Nazi zombies and co-op was the deciding factor for me.

PC for me.

InsaneVr6 said:
I really don't think that your computer has a blu-ray drive and a 9-core processor...
The PS3 is not anything like that. It is a single-core CPU split into 9 SPDs, with one of those for redundancy.

A mid-range computer with an HD 4870 and a dual-core\triple-core CPU will easily be able to produce better framerates on the same games that a PS3 has framerate issues with.

personal experiences as to constant updates from computers if a game comes on a console its usually going to be program free and look just fine on the console (PS3 or XBOX360) also...DLC is always great!

Personally, I’d get in on PC. I like the feel of a keyboard and mouse better than a controller. And the online will probably be better.

Get it on PS3.

I really don't think that your computer has a blu-ray drive and a 9-core processor....

Unless your computer monitor is better than your TV, then I would say go for the PC version, but the console version's end up being more popular.

Uhh, 9 core processor, read much? those dont exist for consumers, and the ps3 would cost even a lot more than the release price of 799 or w/e it is. There arent many fps games that are more popular on consoles than their pc counterparts, Halo series being one of those, but if you've read, and played console and pc versions you would know that pc version is more popular.

Well, Ive been playing COD on PC since the beginning.

Currently on MW Durriel 55 Commander, and WaW Durriel 65 lvl 10 Prestige.

I know no life :p

So personally ill be purchasing it on PC, i know i can run it thats not even a question :p

If i want it on my TV just drag out the HDMI cable and hook it up...

I would go for the pc version, Again...Only for the keyboard and mouse control though...

Soooo much better for fps games :)

in the past that was mostly true and debateable but with the ability to adjust all the sensativities on handheld controllers and so many buttons right there in ur hands its (imo) not true anymore.

in the past that was mostly true and debateable but with the ability to adjust all the sensativities on handheld controllers and so many buttons right there in ur hands its (imo) not true anymore.

There are mice out, such as Razers, that have adjustable sensitivities and programmable buttons. On my mouse the Lachesis i have an extra four buttons i can set to do what even i want.

I sort of agree. I play every other genre of game on my trusty x-box 360 pad. But for fps i always go back to my mouse and keyboard?? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back