Camera drivers make my system crash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karaya

hello everyone

I'm new to forums and i hope i can find someone to help me with this issue
:wave:

Today i bought a new cam and i used the CD the came with it and installed the drivers and everything looked fine . i plugged the camera usb cable and went to launch the camera application and as soon as i clicked on it twice i found my self looking at the dreaded BSOD with this message : IRQL Not Less or Equal :(

then i went online and downloaded the most recent driver package for the camera but the problem stayed ..

I'm not sure what might be the reason but as i was installing the drivers for the first time i noticed that after the main installation i was asked to find the drivers with that windows thing i don't know the name so i chose INSTALL DRIVERS AUTOMATICALLY !!! i had no other choice since the camera drivers that could be downloaded come as an EXE file and i have no idea if i can extract the driver archive of an EXE file

the camera is made in china and got a stupid generic name as USB2.0 PC CAMERA but the drivers on cd are for Sn9c 201/202 ? i was thinking that this drivers could be of another cam but it cant be since windows recognise it as Sn9c 201 whenever i plug the usb cable a and to let you know a week ago or so i had some virus problem so i made a repair install for windows . and oh yeah i used Sfc /scannow today and everything looked good.

can you guys help me ? :confused:

PS : sorry for my english

Welcome to the forums! :)

Okay this is what we need you to do to make sure what is causing your issues: Attach your minidump to your next post. If you have more than one give them to us.

How to find your minidumps:

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump Files. It is these files that we need you to attach to your next posting, NOT the whole folder.

Below your reply screen is the Additional Options screen. Notice the Manage Attachment button.

first of all thank you so much for looking at my topic :)

i did exactly as you said but the problem is that the minidump folder is empty :confused: there is nothing in it !

should i do something specefic to get the files into the folder ?

peace

Try this: Completely uninstall drivers, etc. for this camera. Download newest drivers to your desktop screen. Install camera software and then install the newest drivers by clicking on them and see if that recifies the issue.

hello again

im sooo sorry for the late reply but i was so busy with school :blush:

anyway i did as you said but the problem still exist :blackeye:

have this anything to do with my previous repair install ? because i had another problem of not being able to download windows updates but i managed to fix it with a help from a friend !!

im waiting for any new ideas

peace

im not sure about the name of the make but the camera got something like 1300k and when looking at the accompanied cd and after the drivers being installed i can say its the :

SN9C201 pc cam

and here is what i exactly see in the BSOD

Irql not less or equal

STOP

0x0000000A (0x00000000,0x0000001C,0x804E1BF8

about the make and model i want to say that the only name on the box was USB2.0 PC CAMERA and i can see a logo of a local electronics company in my country but it was made in china :confused:

a driver CD came with the cam and it contains the drivers for this cam : (Sn9c201)

I'm posting this 2 pics but i don't think its that helpful because there is no mark sign or anything on the cam but this strange ORBIT logo

i dont know if its just me but the camera shape reminds me more of a Logitech model than of a :

Sn9c201
1_3M_PC_Camera.jpg

and as i said before i have done an xp repair install a week ago ? does that have anything to do with this problem maybe or do i have to delete any registry entry's when installing the drivers ? or this whole mess is because of incorrect drivers ? i came to the conclusion that when my PC recognie the camera as Sn9c201 is because of the drivers i just installed not necessarily means that this camera i plug is a Sn9c201

omg I'm sorry for this whole mess :eek: and sorry again for my English :eek:

That error is usually caused by faulty drivers and because you have said this issue didn't occur until you installed this particular camera software I would say that this software is the culprit but without several minidumps it is hard to be 100% definite.

By the way, I googled Sn9c201 and quite a bit came up for this driver. What updated version of your drivers did you attempt to intall?

And don't worry about your English. ;)

yeah that might be the problem

i did install and try the latest drivers that are even compatible with Vista but the problem still remains

USB20PCCam_5.7.23.000

listen will go and try installing this camera on another PC so then we can make sure if the problem caused is because of my computer or the faulty drivers

stay in touch xD

hello

i went today and installed the camera on my sister computer , when done i plugged the camera and all looked OK , now i did launch the camera viewer and the camera worked for half a second or so and the whole pc froze (crashed) i had to restart just to find this strange message that 'no keyboard is installed' :confused: the keyboard was plugged and worked perfectly 10 seconds ago , the keyboard is connected using USB port rather than classic port .

i did manage to get over that problem but now what happened exactly ? did the camera caused the pc to crash and messed with the keyboard drivers this time ? :(

PS : i tried to run the camera for a second time and the same problem occurred (PC crashed) :suspiciou

Well if she had no issues before the camera drivers were installed and then afterwards did, I would say it is these camera drivers.

And yes, bad drivers have been known to cause all kinds of problems.

one classic approach for drivers is
  1. uninstall the one you have
  2. shutdown the system
  3. connect the new device
  4. boot the system
you should then see XP attempt Autoconfigure and it will load 'what it thinks the right driver to be'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back