can 1gb of ram run oblivion and graw smoothly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ani123

Friends,I can't get two most popular games running properly on my pc,i mean running at least at a moderate frame rate with low settings.These are 'ghost reckon advanced warfighter' and 'oblivion',where 'graw' is running very slowly,'oblivion' is simply freezing randomly.Hence i'm planning to increase my ram from 512mb to 1gb,where my other specs are p4(2.4ghz),nvidia geforce 6200(256mb).Can an increased ram improve the performance of my pc for these 2 games?I can't upgrade my video card.

Going from 512mb to 1Gb of ram will probably help you a little bit, but you are still not going to be able to run newer games like oblivion with that video card.

As DonNagual said increasing the ram will help a bit but with newer games you should have 1gb as standard even if they only quote 512 etc, but your Video card is not good enough to run those games , you say you can't upgrade your card is this a cost issue because there are some good cheap cards that will do the job maybe not at high detail for everything but it would still give a good level.

Hallo Darth_Terra1,it is not only a cost issue,but also the fact that I have bought my geforce 6200(256mb) card just only few months ago,how can i change my card so quickly?But I want to know with great interest about those budget cards from you as one of my friends who is running short of money,is going to buy geforce 5200(256mb) for gaming purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back