Can Anybody Help Me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so I may not be the most computer savvy person ever but I know a few things but my desktop is winning the battle of the minds at my house. I am the third owner of this machine that was built in 2003 or so. I fried the old motherboard (I think) so I bought a new Foxconn 755/760A01 Series mobo.

Here are the system specs: Age of part

Foxconn 755.760A01 mobo New
AMD 64 3400 Cpu Old
2x1 gig OCZ Pc-3200 3-3-3-8 Ram Old
1 Tb WD10EACS SATA HDD New
Ati 9800 series AGP Graphis Card 256 mg Old
Power supply is a 480 watt Old
Dvd player
Dvd Burner
Floppy drive

Computer does not have an operating system loaded on it yet I cannot get far enough to do so.
Computer will turn on and go into Bios and will start up until it says

"Disk boot failure insert system disk and press enter."

I originally thought it was a hdd issue so I bought a new hdd and now it says the same thing and I have no Idea what I need to do now.

I have the hdd connected to the SATA 1 on the motherboard and the hdd is recognized when the machine fires up.

Does anyone have any advice on something I might have missed? I am not an expert that is for sure.

make sure that the type of hdd device is active through your bios, it may be set to read ide>sata.

your sata driver is not loaded. You need to load your SATA driver off a floppy when installing windows.

'Disk Boot Failure' just means that the system can't find a disk with something on to boot from; when you have a clean disk in there, the system can't find an O.S. to boot, so it says that in the error message.
Booting is starting up an Operating System like Windows or Linux ...

You just need to Boot the system from the CDROM drive and start installing Windows (or Linux) ...
Check your mainboard manual for the how-to on getting a Boot Menu at start-up or go in BIOS Settings and change the Boot order of the system to CDROM 1st ...

The Windows disc will load everything you need to get a bootable O.S. (Windows) .
The disk will be formatted and the Master Boot Record will be written to the harddrive.

and 'voilà', fixed !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back