Can I swap OSes?

harrist

Hey guys!

I was wondering is there was a program out there where i can swap between a mac and windows operating system.

I just got this new computer a few months ago, and it will be a while before i can even hope on getting another, so that would be great if i could switch like that.

I wouldn't mind having to reboot for it to work, and I have a pretty well preforming computer.

Any help would be much appreciated!

-harrist

If you already have a Mac then you can simply use Bootcamp which is in System Preferences and install Windows from your DVD using Bootcamp. If you're currently using a non-Mac then you will not be able to get assistance on that process here as it violates the EULA given by Apple.

Oh ok i see.

I do not have a mac, that is why I was hoping to be able to run the OS on my PC, but if it violates Apples rules then i guess i can't do it. thank you for your help.

Yes - it violates the license agreement. That's not saying it's impossible, just that we do not discuss how to get around these types of things here.

If I'm not mistaken, I think there was a program called Parallel back in the day that would allow you to to exactly what you described without needing to reboot, but I'm pretty sure you would need a Mac though.

If I'm not mistaken, I think there was a program called Parallel back in the day that would allow you to to exactly what you described without needing to reboot, but I'm pretty sure you would need a Mac though.

Correct. There are a few out there, but Parallels is the most popular. I use it all the time and have no complaints. However, you need a Mac to use it, as someone else pointed out. OSX will not allow you to install the OS on a non-Apple system natively.

You can use something like VMWare to run another OS inside of your Windows installation. If you do some googling I'm sure there are several places that will tell you how to install OS X.

Back