Can not access websites that others can

Hi
I'm urgently in need of some ideas and will try and be as complete as possible.

I have 4 websites which all run from the same webserver provider. Last Saturday I could access them all as normal. Came back from 3 day holiday and can not access any of them.
This is true for my pc, and any laptop in the house.
Everyone else outside my house can access the sites as normal.

I've tried several different ISP all with the same result.
The bottom of the screen says 'Waiting for <sitename> and then times out with the message 'can not connect to site' or 'connection reset whilst page was loading'
I can however access (after about 5 minutes of loading) a couple of php pages. No html pages will load though.
I've also tried the following:
1. Shutting down and resetting the router
2. Changing the pc from the wifi to normal lanline
3. running ipconfig /flushdns in the cmd
4. Turning off firewalls
5. Clearing out browser caches etc
6. Adding sites to trusted sites in the Internet-Tools-Options sections.
7. Getting my server provider to check my IP address (they say everything is fine at their end, and must be a problem at my end, even though we have altered nothing) They also claim it is a code developer issue, which is also illogical as it was all working fine one day.

Clearly something is blocking me from their servers - but I have no idea how to work out what the problem, why it should suddenly appear or to solve it.

Any other ideas would be most gratefully received.

Have you checked your system for Virus/Malware etc.? To be on safer side that is the first thing to look at.

Please go to Virus and Malware Removal Forum, and follow their 8 steps then post the logs for analysis. Kindly be patient as people over there are usually very busy so they may need some time to get back to you. Regards

Hi Archean. Thanks for getting back to me.
I'm in the process of trying your 8-step recommendation for malware. Worth a try anyway. Currently the TFC program keeps stopping though for no given reason. I'll keep trying. Thanks

Well whatever issues you are having with running various software those 8 steps want you to run, please post about them in Virus and Malware Removal Forum along side logs you will be attaching. Regards

Interestingly enough.
I have discovered that a few .php pages, containing data from tables within the same webserver company are loading.
None of the html pages or the sites main URL's are loading.
The webhost company are not being very useful and insist the problem lies with me. I do not know how it could be as nothing has changed at our end and the websites have been working fine for months, and everyone else can accces them apart from me.
It is just very strange and worrying.

I thought the discovery of some php pages being able to load, may help the webserver company to come up with different solutions and of what to try, but none.

Other than virus/malware, any other ideas?
Your help is very much appreicated.
Many thanks liz

Back