Can someone look at my minidumps and tell me why my laptop is crashing

Status
Not open for further replies.

pioneerx01

I have a brand new ACER Aspire 3810T that likes to crash every now and then when I lift up the lid. Can anyone tell me why?

Win7x64

Thanks

Attachments

• Minidump.zip
    54 KB · Views: 4
I would've put this in the Tech Support forum with full specs up front but it sounds like the computer is either not configured correctly or could be defective. When does the laptop crash exactly... after standby/hibernate or just when the lid is lifted at random? there could be a problem with windows power settings but crashing isn't usually a common symptom with brand new systems. Have you been able to use the computer regularly at all or has it been doing this out of the box. I'd probably return it if it was displaying that sort of behavior right off the bat...

Well there is not apparent pattern. It can be fine for 3-5 days, closing lid opening lid, shutting down restarting,... and nothing happens. But every now and than when I lift a lid (coming out of sleep) it will turn back on and stay on for 3 seconds or so and than it blue-screens on me. It does not tell me what file caused it to crash just SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

It was fine first month, but I have not made any severe system changes to cause it to BSOD on me. It has been happening for past 3 or so weeks and by them the system was long configured to my liking.

One thing i might try is updating the video drivers and running a quick virus scan. Some BSODs are also linked to faulty RAM but considering it's new I'd probably put that theory on the backburner for now, or at least until you try some other things. Having said that, make sure your drivers are up to date and that your power settings are configured correctly. More likely than not it's the display driver.

@pioneerx01

Both of your minidumps points at oodisr.sys/oodivd.sys (part of O&O DiskImage software). This file usually is hosted in %SystemRoot%\system32\DRIVERS\ ..... and its dependent on hal.dll & ntoskrnl.exe.

My advice is uninstall O&O Diskimage from your computer; and if you really need to use it try to find an update for it or look for alternatives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back