can u open mp3 fules on reason???

Status
Not open for further replies.
kl.. im tryin to make sum remixes of old beats but i need 2 use mp3 fules in order to do that.. is it possible to open mp3 fles on reason?

Okay, I'm not trying to be harsh here, but the first thing you need to do here is give up the chat talk. Plain language here please and you'll find more people willing to help you if they can understand what you want. I'm sure you mean mp3 "files", not "fules" and understand you want to do some remixes, but what precisely do you mean by "on reason"? What program are you using to do this?

to clarify: Reason is a music editing program.

unfortunatly im a protools kinda guy, and the only pc that has reason installed is on the uni's Mac's.. and its the weekend so i wont be able to help you till then..

but have you tried looking for something to do wiht importing an audio track? or maybe try the old drag'n'drop trick?

otherwise you may need to re-record it into reason or a wav file or sorts (forgot which file format reason can handle)

'on reason' meaning i am trying to open mp3 files on the program reason 3.0.
whats your problem.. like you've never spelt something wrong before!!

sulja said:
'on reason' meaning i am trying to open mp3 files on the program reason 3.0.
whats your problem.. like you've never spelt something wrong before!!

Like I said, it wasn't to be harsh or to get on your case. It was for clarity. We try to help here and to do that, we need to understand you. It's not a matter of spelling....it's a matter of being able to understand you.

And I'm probably not the only person here that's not heard of Reason....

Hopefully somebody can help you.

MP3's won't usually go into audio editors as-is

I have used many audio editors in Mac & Windows and I have yet to run into one that allowed editing of a compressed file format like MP3. If it is the Reason at this link: http://www.propellerheads.se/ your best bet is to convert the MP3's into WAV format (If using the Windows version) or AIF format (if using the Mac Version) and then open the WAV or AIF file in Reason. iTunes does a great job of converting from MP3 to WAV or AIF and back to MP3 again, once edited.

BTW, I must agree with Masque. The first post you made was very cryptic. I'm glad the subject matter was all ironed out before I got here, since I'm not as patient as Masque.

Good luck!

I have yet to run into one that allowed editing of a compressed file format like MP3
try Protools or Audacity (freeware) among a few.., both are wave editor type programs that can handle a variety of files (although some formats prefered than others), but also convert the files to their program format... Protools, being one of those "industry standard" progs...

To reply my first post (which i'm sure some might have overlooked, but all is forgiven :D) Reason, after poking around on the Macs at uni, can't handle MP3's directly. Only MIDI and Reason's native files..

You will need to either convert to .rfl (or the other one) or a .midi or playback in itunes and set up Reason to "listen" and record while its playing through...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back