Can you help please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well hi...Here is the PROBLEM: I bought a NEC dvd-r and an LG dvd-rom.These 2 drives are connected with the same IDE.First i realized that the LG (slave) was working perfectly but NEC (master) could not even read dc or dvd. Anyway got it back and they told me that it was damaged. I said ok and got a new on for free of course. And now NEC works perfectly but LG cannot read anything!!! How this can be??? It was ok before???Please can you help me???What i am making wrong???

Thanks a lot...

As desisunnyboy said, it's probably your jumper settings. Try connecting only 1 at a time and verify that they work by themselves and that its only when they are both connected that this problem happens.

Next check that the jumpers are set so that one drive is master and the other slave. If the problem persists, try switching their locations on the IDE cable, many systems have a preference as to whether the master is connected to the center connection or the end. Or should your IDE controller support it, you can set them both to Cable Select and let the computer decided which is which.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back