Cannot find proper NIC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys,

Iv recently been having loads of problems with my PC which resulted in a full format of my computer... even then i was having problems as i found out that one of my sticks of ram had burned...

However, upon removing the stick of ram, i found that a lot of issues were resolved besides a few.

I managed to install windows onto my system and have started to install drivers for various things. However, i am currently struggling to install my sound and Lan drivers... (at the moment i can live without the sound drivers, but i really need to install the Lan drivers to recover my internet connection)

I have the driver disk that came with the motherboard but when i try to install the drivers from it, i get the message "can not find proper NIC, click ok to exit program." and that is as far as i can get with it. I have looked on various driver websites for updated drivers etc.. however, i seem to have the same problem with these...

The motherboard is an XFX KT400-ALH

Does anybody know what the problem with this could be? anybody got any suggestions that i could try? thanks for any help in advance...

go to your Device Manager and locate the nic.
make sure it is enabled and if possible, attempt to update the DRIVER.

you'll need the CD and to show the utility where to search, eg: d:\

there is no "NIC" in the Device manager...

I am assuming this is the same as the "ethernet controller" which is in there but shows as not functioning correctly.. i have tried to update the driver, by placing the cd in the drive and updating via the device manager but it says it cannot find the correct driver on the CD. i also tried this with the downloaded drivers with the same problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back