Cannot get Yahoo/Hotmail

alejoromero9

Hi Everybody:

I've just finishing cleaning my laptop with Broni (great guy). Yet, I'm still having an issue. I can use both IE and Firefox but can not get yahoo mail/hotmail (Yes I can use gmail)

Please your help will be highly appreciated.

Alejandro.

Greetings.

The security settings on your browsers may be set too high. Let's check in IE.
1.) Open up IE
2.) Tools
3.) Internet Options
4.) Security tab
5.) Does the vertical slider bar say your security is set to "High" instead of "Medium-High" or "Medium"?

hm ... That's odd. Let's see what a quick Google search brings up.

Here's something I just found from another web-forum:

1. Clear your DNS cache. Go to Start > Run and type CMD
and hit OK.
At the command prompt, type ipconfig /flushDNS
and hit OK.

2. 5. Enable allow all cookies. You may have allowed the Hotmail and Yahoo sites, but it may be redirecting to another site that you have not allowed cookies.

3. If no joy, check if your PC is blocking the site. Do a search for HOSTS file and open it with an editor like Notepad. Delete any line that has the blocked site in it.

HOSTS file is located in
Windows XP = C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\ETC
Windows 2K = C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\ETC
Win 98/ME = C:\WINDOWS

It is a hidden file. Go to any folder and select Tools > Folders Options > View. Check "Show hidden files and folders". Click OK.

4. If you are using Internet Explorer, check if the site is restricted or blocked. Go to Tools > Internet Options > Security. Hightlight Restricted Sites and see if the blocked site is located there.

Also under Content tab > Content Advisor, check if the site is restricted there. Remove it.

Also, under Security tab, add the website to your trusted zone.

5. Check if antispyware, antivirus, or firewall is blocking the website.

Pygmus:

I downloaded newest versions of Adove, google toolbar and others. Miracle.... Everythong is working just fine.

Anyhow, thank you very much for your advice.

Warm regards,

Alejandro.

Back