Cannot record audio or sound with EMU 1212m soundcard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Basically when i had my old soundcard installed i could easily record any sound or audio playing on my computer by using some software called Audio Record Wizard. When i opened up the software i could then select which recording device to use. Since i have removed my old soundcard and installed my new EMU 1212m soundcard i can no longer record anything onto my computer. When i try and use the Audio Record Wizard sofware i can't select any recording device because the drop down box is blank. I have tried recording using my real player. When i press record then it looks like it records it but when i go to play the recorded file it plays it with no sound. When i go to Start button and go to Control Panel and then select Sounds and Audio Devices, click on the Audio tab, when i press the volume button in the Sound recording section i get a message saying "There is a problem with your sound hardware. To install mixer devices, go to Control Panel, click Printers and Other Hardware, and then click Add Hardware". I have installed all the soundcard drivers and software so why is this happening? Please note that i can play audio and can hear sounds on my computer it is just recording which i can't do.

Was there software that came with the interface? The software apps you listed I believe aren't compatible with the EMU's Asio driver. Try using a different program. Cubase, Ableton Live, Fruityloops to name a few. Also a free app I use that is ASIO compatible called Reaper might work well. Also, when you say you can hear sounds from your computer are you listening to it through the EMU hardware? If you can't hear any audio through the interface then something isn't configured properly in your audio settings.

I can hear sound no problem through my soundcard, i just can't record. I have got Cubase but don't know how to record audio from internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back