Cannot seem to get around BIOS Password

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have dell latitude d800 that has a bios password that i cannot get around, I have been all over google researching ways that I can access the laptop but no luck at all.
So i am hoping anyone can help me the service tag on this dell is #J7SK351-595B.
any help is very appreciated.

You need to figure out how to clear the CMOS on the motherboard. Usually there is a jumper on desktop motherboards, but laptops are usually a lot harder to find info on. I will do a little digging to see if i can come up with anything.

Do you know how long the service warranty on the laptop was/is? I found the question on dells support site but their answer was to contact them:

How to Clear the BIOS Password

Journal ID: 093489Z8LZ
Article ID: 184659
Date Published: 10/17/2007
Last Revised: 9/26/2009

By Internet
Contact Dell Technical Support online.

By Telephone
Please have your Express Service Code ready. The Express Service Code can be found on a sticker at the bottom of portable computers and on the back panel of desktop computers.

Note:
If you cannot locate the Express Service Code, go to Technical Support Contact Us. Click Find My Express Service Code and Yes, I Do Agree. Make note of the Express Service Code that appears.

* Dell Technical Support at (800) 624-9896
* Dell Automated Support at (800) 247-9362
* If you purchased your computer through a Faculty, Student, and Staff (FSS) program or an Employee Purchase Program (EPP), call (800) 456-3355.

Here is the manual for your laptop:
http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/latd800/sm_en/index.htm

One thing that might work is to remove the backup battery, which often can clear the BIOS settings and reset them to default.

Here are instructions for doing that:

http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/latd800/sm_en/reserve.htm#1123661
- of course remember to disconnect all power supplies and give it say 10 min and hold down the power button a couple of times to try to drain all power from the system. then put the battery back in and restart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back