Can't access Facebook

Empty the cache and disable ALL add-ons and extensions.

Which version of Windows are you running and is your login an admin account?

I am using Window 7 Professional 64 bits, yes my login is administrator, and sometimes I have access(FB)and some other time nothing. And for your suggestion empty the cache and disable All add-ons and extensions = been there done that!

I'm curious if you have tried another browser. And if the problem is specific to only one or if you are not able to use any browser.

To go 2 FB I have tried google chrome, internet explorer, bing, msn, none work and yet sometimes all of them work I only have this problem with FB lately, don't know what's going on and I am not the only one few of my friends to have had the same problem.

Here are my specs:

cpu: Intel core i7 4930k
MB: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition
Case: Cosmos II
PSU: EVGA Super NOVA 1300 G2 80 + GOLD CERTIFIED 1300
Memory: Crucial Ballistix 8gig x 4
Video card:s msi TWIN FROZR GeForce GTX 780
Audio card: Asus Xonar Essence STX
Water cooling: Corsair H105
Primary drive: Samung 1TB SSD
Secondary drives: 250 gig SSD, 3TB x 2, 2TB, 1TB
Optical Drive: Pionner Blu-Ray, Pionner DVD,
Monitor: Asus VK27Q, 1920 x 1080

Actually yes and no cliffordcooley, because my husband who is ten feet away gets in with his laptop all the time no problem, either through IE or Google. Go figure...

@Melinda89 said: unclicked LAN proxy's..
Yeap, that works - - but you also disabled your antivirus product. This is how a great many of them filter web access for virus' and trojans. *IF* you have an AV that provides Web Filtering (eg: Avast! Free), you can disable that specific filter.

Personally, Web and Email scanning is the #1 priority feature I look for in AV.

Unclicking proxy settings works for me too. I often can't access the web so it is either my VPN is acting strange or is because of the proxy settings the needs to change.

Did the OP tried to reset any internet browser's settings to default?

I only have this problem with FB lately, don't know what's going on and I am not the only one few of my friends to have had the same problem.

Actually yes and no cliffordcooley, because my husband who is ten feet away gets in with his laptop all the time no problem, either through IE or Google. Go figure...

looks like the (wifi) router has a filter disallowing facebook on certain local I.P. addresses used by the 'problematic' connected computers.

My fb wouldn't work on any of my browsers I went into internet options, then connections.. unclicked LAN proxy's.. now it works..I would suggest you try this if it still isn't working..
Finally something that works, thanks Melinda :)

Back