Cant connect to game servers, torrents but can surf web

Hi friends! I recently have had an issue where I can't connect to any game servers or torrents, but am able to surf the web and stream videos at full speed. I've troubleshooted many steps (reseting router, port forwarding, ip renew) and decided this is a matter that might need outside help to solve. I have a pretty good indication that it has to do with my current router configuration as to all pc's on the network having the same issue. Anyone have any suggestions or ideas? Any information requested will be quickly uploaded, thanks in advance <3

I suspect you have the same AV product on all systems and that can easily control access in multiple ways. First look in your \windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts file and inspect for any of your game servers. *IF* found, that's the reason why: Blocking occurs when the line in the hosts file reads

Code:
 127.0.0.1     some.domain.name

IF your game server domain is in that list, you need to delete that line

IF your game server domain is in that list, you need to delete that line
im having the same problem, ive gotten to the files in the windows directory but once I get to the "hosts" I cant interact with the file, all it does is show an example of what it would look like and nothing else? please help?

Here's the sequence to modify the etc\hosts file:

• attrib -r hosts
  • use wordpad or notepad to alter the file
  • (any line beginning with '#' is a comment )
  • insert, edit or delete as necessary
  • save and quit
  • attrib +r hosts
then
  • ipconfig /flushdns
  • net stop "dns client"

Here's the sequence to modify the etc\hosts file:

• attrib -r hosts
  • use wordpad or notepad to alter the file
  • (any line beginning with '#' is a comment )
  • insert, edit or delete as necessary
  • save and quit
  • attrib +r hosts
then
  • ipconfig /flushdns
  • net stop "dns client"

I don't get what its supposed to show as I only see an example and I don't know what I should be adding or removing from it as it only has a few things on. upload_2018-7-13_15-32-43.png

The first column is the IP address of the site
separated by at least one space from
the second is the domain name

You need to find the IP address belonging to the game server domain name. This will avoid a DNS lookup failure.

Back