Can't Delete Files a.k.a The Lazerith Files

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a user (2kpro) in a roaming profiles environment (win2k,2k3) that can put files in the trash. They don't appear in the recycling bin, but when he logs out and back in, the 'deleted' files have reappeared on his desktop. Any thoughts? I have checked permissions on his profile's folder, the the local recycle folder. I'm going to back and check on the network share that contains all the profiles soon.

Can you be more specific about the GINA around your roaming profiles?

in many cases, blowing away the windows setting directory in the profile has fixed similar issues for me, but that was with a highly tailored gina that we knew exactly which files to blow away and let the profile recreate.

You also need to note that deleted files from a drive go to the recycler file ON THAT DRIVE. That is, if the account is stored on E, the desktop directory is on E, and the local machine is C, be sure that he has access to the recycle bin file(s) on the E drive.

Hope this helps, or inspires...

The network is a Windows 2k, 2k3 mixed AD single domain forest. So the authentication is allowing NTLM and Kerberose. I'm not totally familiar with the concept fo a GINA, but I believe this answers your question. As I said, I checked the 'local recycle folder' for permissions issues and found none. I'm thinking of moving the user's recycle folder(named with his GUID) out of the 'master' recycle folder, and seeing if it can just recreate the recycle bin. Thanks for your help, and let me know if you need more info on the GINA.

I have discovered that when a folder is placed on the local HD, and then items placed in it, the folder/files can be deleted and they will move to the recycle bin and stay there, or can be permanently deleted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back